What % of your combined income is your mortgage?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
Just wondering what % of peoples net annual income is going towards paying their mortgage. Just following on from similar topics. Hope the poll works; not great at doing them usually :duh: ETA - to say assuming it's your [b:1fk99j7s]combined[/b:1fk99j7s] income with your OH.
happyfamily Posts: 3323
About 15% of our income before tax i think
SunnyK Posts: 3834
We pay about 20% on mortgages at the mo. H2B's mother is long term ill in the UK and he had to buy an apartment for her as she no longer works so he pays an interest only mortgage over there and then there's the mortgage for my place too - still, as his is interest only and I bought out of Dublin and am now on a low % tracker mortgage our 2 mortgages together are probably what some couples with a large mortgage in Dublin pay so we're lucky enough.
stick Posts: 1229
we pay about 5.5% of our income before tax on the mortgage
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
about 15%
grazia Posts: 740
my half of the mortgage is about 25% of my NET income :o(
LastRolo Posts: 6892
My OH is only working part time/casually now but hopefully things will pick up soon so assuming I am paying the mortgage out of my own wages, it would be 50%+ of my net income. We have a variable mortgage with PTSB so it will inevitably go up :o(
vinoqueeno Posts: 3511
Do you mean before tax or after tax is calculated on your income? I ticked 30% which is roughly the percentage after tax but if you're talking about gross income it's probably closer to about 15%
lolabelle Posts: 3311
Ours is about 5.5%
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
[quote:2nurha7v]Re: What % of your income is your mortgage? by vinoqueeno ยป 17 Feb 2011 15:48 Do you mean before tax or after tax is calculated on your income? I ticked 30% which is roughly the percentage after tax but if you're talking about gross income it's probably closer to about 15%[/quote:2nurha7v] It's taking into account your [b:2nurha7v]net [/b:2nurha7v]combined salaries. Our mortgage is about 37.2% of our annual salaries combined. :o(