what old style traditions are you doing?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrs.ebayqueen Posts: 2483
seeing groom before the wedding? wearing a veil? wearing pearls? wearing the garter? throwing the garter and bouquet? something old, something new? i wont see him before the wedding. am wearing a veil am wearing pearls am wearing garter not throwing it doing the something old something new just wondering what everyone else is doing?
jen09 Posts: 1390
I think the only thing we are doing is not spending the night before together & this is more to do with the fact that I know h2b would be winding me up about how long it is taking me to get ready :o0 I also want him to be blown away when he lays his eyes on me in all my finery as opposed to seeing me in various stages of getting ready. I'm wearing a veil but not over my face. I won't be throwing my bouquet or wearing/throwing a garter - that is the most tackiest thing I've EVER seen. Pearls are a no as my dress is quite detailed at neck line so will be wearing something small & understated. Something old/new/blue/borrowed also not bothering with.
Beverly Hill Posts: 591
seeing groom before the wedding? YES - maybe the night before but not staying together all night. wearing a veil? YES wearing pearls? YES wearing the garter? NO throwing the garter and bouquet? NO something old, something new? Not sure yet - maybe
Groovy-Chick Posts: 2383
I plan on not seeing him before wedding, wearing a veil, something old, new. Not wearing pearls as they wont match my dress and I dont think im gonna do the whole garter thingy.
LittleFoot Posts: 480
My h2b doesn't want to see me after midnight before the wedding day and will probably do the something old, new, borrowed, blue tradition and will throw the bouquet but that will be it, not into the garter thing at all.
stephyb Posts: 1439
not seeing groom - am staying my mams the night before, not wearing a veil wearing a garter but not throwing it doing something new borrowed old blue etc, though have no idea still what my old is. lol
evalena Posts: 1130
old - a necklace i got a few years ago from a friend new - dress borrowed - hair jewellery blue - don't know yet Not really doing anything else traditional - unless you count wearing virginal white!! :o0
Bunnybaby Posts: 2701
I am quite supersticiou at the best of times so for our wedding day am definitly trying to stick with tradition seeing groom before the wedding? No, definitly not wont be seeing him after midnight the night before wearing a veil? Yep I am indeedy wearing pearls? Nope, not wearing pearls, they are meant to be bad luck so wont be doing it just in case. wearing the garter? Yep throwing the garter and bouquet? Never heard of throwing the garter, but will throw the bouquet think its just abit of fun for the girls something old, something new? Not sure what my old will be, something new is my dress of course, dont know what my something borrowed will be and my something blue will be a holy medal belonging to my mam pinned to the inside of my dress and of course i will have the sixpence in my shoe and also i wont be wearing a watch on the day of my wedding as its meant to be considered bad luck because your not meant to watch the clock that day or its said you will be doing it for the rest of your married life.
mrs.ebayqueen Posts: 2483
hey bunny after the groom takes off your garter he will throw it to the grooms men and you throw the bouquet to all the single ladies. the two 'catchers' will be the first up to dance after your h2b and yourself. thats the tradition
Groovy-Chick Posts: 2383
[quote="EbayQueen":sjrdh7wl]hey bunny after the groom takes off your garter he will throw it to the grooms men and you throw the bouquet to all the single ladies. the two 'catchers' will be the first up to dance after your h2b and yourself. thats the tradition[/quote:sjrdh7wl] Is it not that whoever catches the bouquet sits down and then whoever catches the garter has to take it off that girl?? Im not sure now.... :-8