What order for walking up aisle?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ms organised Posts: 1069
can anyone please help? Can someone tell me what order we should go when walking up the aisle? I thought it would be chief bridesmaid first followed by other 2 bridemaids and then dad and I but friends have told me it should be the 2 bridesmaids, then chief bridesmaid and then me???? Thanks in advance :thnk
Missy2010 Posts: 148
hi, yeah i think its other bmaids, then chief bmaid then you and your dad :wv
Balyna2009 Posts: 61
Yes Cheif bridesmaid goes just before you. She is meant to make sure you look prefect before you go up, so once she fixes ya don't move, just smile and walk!! :o)ll
ozypozy Posts: 2950
[quote="Balyna2009":3n56wz7k]Yes Cheif bridesmaid goes just before you. She is meant to make sure you look prefect before you go up, so once she fixes ya don't move, just smile and walk!! :o)ll[/quote:3n56wz7k] This is what we did
candypants Posts: 8575
Kiddies, BM, Chief BM, bride and dad :o)ll
ozypozy Posts: 2950
And DONT FORGET TO SMILE!!! I forgot and I look like a sour cow for half my walk up the aisle, then I saw DH and started smiling but I had gone by the video camera at that stage! Even if it's fake, SMILE!!
Shopgirl 1 Posts: 660
I always throught it was traditionally the other way around, did the bride not originally go first and bridesmaids after her watching her dress?
frankensteins wife Posts: 1838
My flowergirls and pageboy walked up together first holding hands, Then each bm walked individually. Dad and I didn't start walking until my cbm got to the top of the aisle. :wv