What Pram/Travel system did you choose and Why??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

maryalice1 Posts: 268
Hi Ladies I posted this in April babies as well . I am hoping to get lots more feedback.Could you do me a favour please?? My head is wrecked trying to choose a pram/ buggy. Would you be so kind to let me know what ye have decided to buy re:Travel System/ Pram/Buggy wise and what your reasons where for buying that particular brand? I apoligise in advance if this subject has been covered already. :thnk Thanks :thnk
raspberry ripple Posts: 1809
There are a couple of recent posts on this that might help you (see links below). The second one has photos too. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=236598 viewtopic.php?f=19&t=213019
mollyg Posts: 441
I just bought the Loola Up by bebeconfort today (got a really good deal on it). My head has also been wrecked, in the end we decided that we wanted to get a Maxi Cosi Cabrio fix car seat and an isofix base and we went from there. That car seat fits to over 20 different buggies so we figured we would have more choice that way. The Loola Up is really light and folds up really small and has front facing option which was really important to me. I was originally going to buy a carrycot also but the general consensus seems to be that baby grows out of them really fast and are thus quite expensive. Spent the money on the Graco Travel Cot instead!! We live out the country so have decided to splash out and buy a buggy just for walking- I walk an awful lot and the roads are really bad and any of the buggies that are good for all terrain are very big and heavy and awkward for getting in and out of the boot. Think I might go for a quinny speedy, not sure yet. I used the Which website's reviews a lot (you can get a trial membership for a month). Know this is a very detailed answer but I get very het up getting the right buggy!!!
spanishb2b Posts: 1261
We got the Graco Deluxe travel system today! :o)ll You can see it here on the Mothercare website: [url:2tauadpm]http://www.mothercare.ie/ContentBuilder/DisplayPage.aspx?DataId=DA000057&view=detail&ProductID=PR000002&UniqueID=407[/url:2tauadpm] It was such a hard decision but it was important to us that we had a travel system with a carseat that has an in-car safety base. Just like the idea of the ease of not having to take baby in and out of car seat or unstrap car seat every time we want to take it out of the car. Also, it was important to us that it wouldn't cost a fortune. Basically, this package comes with everything we want - car seat, base, carrycot, foot muff, changing bag and raincover. I was a bit unsure about it at first as it seemed quite bulky but after playing with it in the shop today we found it really easy to use! Easy to fold down and put back up again. Doesn't seem any more bulky than other pushchairs when it's folded. It also seems really sturdy and comfortable. Anyway, hope that helps you with your decision a little. Really can't wait to have a baby to put in it at this stage and then we can see if it lives up to our expectations!! :o)ll
athas Posts: 240
We got the iCandy Cherry. We also started our search by deciding on the MaxiCosi car seat. They're nice and light, huge range of colours and have the in-car base. Didn't like the idea of having to strap in the car seat with the belt each time. We eventually decided on the iCandy cos it was the lightest one we could find. We also liked the look of it - very important :o0 I think the best thing you can do is go into a few different shops and ask for demos. You'll quickly be able to eliminate a few of the travel systems and begin to figure out what things are important to you. Also start pram-spotting!!! There'll always be one or two travel systems that catch your eye every time! Good luck!
Little Miss Hopeful Posts: 1193
Hi I'm due in April too :o)ll What are your requirements? For me i needed something lightish and wanted it forward and rear facing - we went into shops and were shown the Quinny Buzz and Bugaboo - I fell in love with Bugaboo but the price was too expensive and then decided on the Quinny - then I spent ages on internet on Sunday evening and began looking at reviews and ended up choosing something completely different - a Britax Vigour [url:270pkl9l]http://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/reviews/product.asp?bwsku=vig309[/url:270pkl9l] There is a three and four wheel version and it got brilliant reviews - the best thing is the price - I got it in Smyths for E250 and that includes a Britax Carseat!!!!! Amazing value. It is isofix compatible - so i'm going to get the base later on. The car seat clips into the frame without adapters and you can either get a carrycot or this thing, a safe sleeper [url:270pkl9l]http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Travel-and-Pushchairs/Car-Seats-and-Boosters/Group-0/Britax-Baby-Safe-Sleeper-in-Anthracite(0012276)[/url:270pkl9l] which basically is a car seat which baby can lie flat in - ideal for longer car journeys. So obviously i won't get to test it until April (please god) but I felt so overwhelmed with the choice and felt that when we went looking in pramshops we were automatically led over to the more expensive prams because we hadn't a clue. Best of luck and make sure you read reviews before purchasing.
star13 Posts: 291
Hi, Don't post often but had to agree with Little Miss Hopeful, we looked around a lot and ended up buying the Britax Vigour 3, partly because of the great price in Smiths but mostly because of the safety rep of Brtiax. We haven't bought a base for the car as at ante-natal class a speaker recommended that you don't use isofix for the 1st 6 weeks, can't remember why. My cousin in England bought the same system and has been using it for 2 months now and can't praise it enough, even her engineering brothers thinks it's fab. Good luck choosing. Edited to add Also my dad had warned me not to dare buy a system with pump up tyres as they're really awkward to change, he does bicycle repairs and finds the travel systems difficult.
Psycho Sue Posts: 1875
Hi Maryalice, I know I posted this in April 2010 also, but just in case there are any others interested in my travel system and whey we chose it. We decided on the Switch buggy from M&P. the main reason I went for this (even tho it was more than I was hoping to pay) was for 3 main reasons: Its very easy to manouver, Its light Te top part of the pram, comes completely off the wheel fram, and you can slot in the baby seat for the car, so that its nice and light still.. I fell in love with it. http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-sw ... 00/type-i/ I had looked at 2 other buggys, one was a Graco, and was on special with a Car seat for about €250 I think, but holy god, the weight of it, and it wasn't at all easy to move. As well as that, when it folded down, it was still huge, so I don't think it would have fit in the car. when it folded, there was a tray that sits in front of the baby in the buggy, which wasnt removable and made it bulky. The package that I went with is cosing us €800 exactly. The pricing include the following tho, and are the current M&P sale price (till the end of Jan I think), so we saved €200. Buggy: - €290 - Which is down from €440 - Save €150 Pram Liner: - €50 - No reduction Foot Muff: €50 - Reduced from €72 - Save €22 Parasol: €25 - Reduced from €31 - Save €6 Car Seat: €160 - No reduction Isofix base: €175 - No reduction Changing bag (doesn't match): €50 - Which is down from €72 - Save €22 so over all our package is €800. The buggy itself inlcudes a cup holder (most important, eh NOT), rain cover, shopping web underneath. Like I'd said, I know that its more expensive than I originially intended for the package, but I expect the car seat will last a year (at least) and it has the isofix base. One of my friends had advised to get what I wanted, cause I'll be looking at it for the next 12 months at least and I'll be using it till the kid is probably 3 or so. The Carry cot is extra, and while it is lovely and can be used instead of a moses basket, I think its just too big and to expensive for what it is... Hope this helps a bit. sue
justwed09 Posts: 2349
we put down a deposit last week on the Icandy Peach. the reasons being, very light & easy to wheel, good for walking which i intend to do a lot of, you can buy an adaptor for around 120 if i get pregnant again within 2 years and make it into doubel buggy, two of my friends ended up pregnant again this year after having babies last year and had to buy new double buggys at about 600 each so it will save me money in the long run! it also folds up with one move and one piece once you take the seat off. the maxi cosi can be used on it so dont have to wake the baby up if asleep to put in the car.
maryalice1 Posts: 268
Thanks very much for taking the time to reply to my Post. At least now I can start somewhere. I definitley want a lightweight model and also a rear/ forward facing buggy with the option of clicking in the car seat for shopping trips. Now that I have an idea where to start i'll have a less stressful time shopping around. I like all the buggys you have chosen so will have a hard time deciding between them. :thnk