What price for dress alterations (BM dresses)?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

honest woman Posts: 322
Can anyone give me a rough idea how much dress alterations would be for BM dresses (altering hem, taking them in at the sides)?? Trying to budget for dresses at the mo but realised I hadnt included the dress alterations in the budget :o(
MeSB Posts: 3785
CrappityCrap Posts: 1468
Would you need to get alterations for bridesmaid dresses if they are made to order?? Hope not cause don't think I have much room in budget for it oops :-8
overthemoon! Posts: 1479
in bridal shop where i am buying bm dresses they charge €30 to alter bust alone. have 3 bms so god only knows how much the alterations will cost altogether. :eek :eek
little miss giggles Posts: 672
I ordered my bridesmaid dresses last sat.In Cork. They were very reasonable - 220euro each. Girls were measured and assistant said the dresses would arrive in about 10 wks. Just as a throw away question I asked about alterations - she said thay'd be jusy over 100euro per dress !!! Well I nearly had to pick my jaw up off the floor!!! I told her that I thought that was very expensive. She replied 'well just talk to me again closer to the time'!! I will be keeping an eye out for more reasonable alterations in Cork for sure!!
MeSB Posts: 3785
honest woman Posts: 322
Thanks for the replies girls. I had a feeling it would be around the 100 euro mark alright :o( :o( It really hikes up the cost of the dress doesnt it? I paid 50 euro just to get the bust taken in when I was a BM for a friend (and I had to pay for the alterations myself......her idea!! :o0 ). I will be paying for the alterations for my BM's as I think thats whats fair. But I might be going for cheaper dresses now! ClaireDec09 - unless you are going to a dress maker or a designer who is making the dresses from scratch, there will probably be alterations. In bridesmaid dress shops, they just order in a 10/12/14 or whatever, but to my knowledge they rarely fit exactly.
Corkie1 Posts: 340
[quote="princess sonja":3dcpz38n] I will be keeping an eye out for more reasonable alterations in Cork for sure!![/quote:3dcpz38n] Hey - I am getting my alterations done by a girl in Mayfield (she did my friends BM dresses last year and did a fine job). If you want her details let me know. I am not sure how much she charges but all i know is that she did the 3 BM dresses last year (small alterations) and it colst my friend €50 altogether! :o)ll
CrappityCrap Posts: 1468
Hi 2009July Could you send me on those details please, thats a great price! :thnk
Corkie1 Posts: 340
Pmed you!!