What Radio DJ do you listen to?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

paperclips Posts: 3146
In the mornings on the way to work I listen to Hector on 2fm- I used to listen to Ian Dempsey but find Hector funnier these mornings When I get to work, we listen to Ray Darcy, Ray Foley and Tony Fenton - sometimes if I'm feeling crap I tune into Joe Duffy - if I think my life is bad, you cant beat some of the listeners that phone into Joe Duffy, some of the stories make me laugh out loud! On my way home from work I listen to Will Leahy - dont really like him but theres nothing on the other stations. Matt Cooper is toooooooooooo depressing. Saturday mornings I listen to Baz and Lucy, followed by Zig and Zag on 2fm I think i spread my listenership fairly between 2FM and Today FM :o)ll Who do you listen too?
teapotty Posts: 2085
I'm quite similar to you Hector on 2fm and I also like Bernard & Keith on I 105-107- you can only get it if you're in Leinster but not Dublin. Will Leahy driving home in the evening- it's just easy and I like the quiz and entertainment recommendations. I thought that was Podge and Rodge on 2fm on Sat, no? Whatever it was it was awful sh*ite I thought. I switch stations a lot though- sometimes I'm in the mood for lots of music so I put on Spin 103.8 or I 105-107. Other times I'd be in the mood for some news/ current affairs so I might put on Newstalk. I used to like Matt Cooper but there's very little variety to the show anymore- economics and politics totally dominates so it's really really depressing.
Twirl Posts: 5598
I would switch around alot in the morning when driving but it would mostly be between i105-107 ( love kieth him and joe used to be so funny on Spin in the mornings, radio has never been the same :o( ) I still would listen to Spin and then 98fm. We dont have a radio in work so then on the way home, i listen to Will leahy ( for the same reasons as above, the quizz and recomendations ), Dermot and Dave in 98 and, i like music on most of the time when im driving, when i go home the radio will be on 98 until the talking starts at 7 and then onto spin for the night. I work in dublin and can get I105-107 but maybe its only certain areas. hubby is a radio1 man ( BBC radio 1 ) so its scott mills ( i think ) in the evening in his car, mornings i think is Chris Moyles
teapotty Posts: 2085
I like Dermot & Dave when you catch them chatting but I always find 98 seems to be full of ads and breaks. They have a bad range of songs on 98 I think also- you hear the same ones over and over. Also they often announce songs as being "new" when they are far from it. I actually despised Joe&Keith on Spin but I love Bernard&Keith- the whole thing just works better. Bernard is priceless. I heard him do a review of the new service station on one of the motorways- his one negative point on it was that people were looking at him strangely when he was trying out the kiddies play area :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie:
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
used to be a great 2fm listener but since hector took over in the mornings I listen to Today Fm (really cant stand hector) Really like will leahy on the drive home, find him really easy to listen to
Twirl Posts: 5598
[quote="teapotty":upenknce]I actually despised Joe&Keith on Spin but I love Bernard&Keith- the whole thing just works better. Bernard is priceless. I heard him do a review of the new service station on one of the motorways- his one negative point on it was that people were looking at him strangely when he was trying out the kiddies play area :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie:[/quote:upenknce] Ah that was so funny, i havent heard any of his reviews in a while,i know he was going to do one on a ditch and a bridge :o0 Dont think alot of people got Joe and Kieth, i just found them hillarious miss Air Finglas :o0
ott Posts: 3920
I don't listen to music on the radio at all. I listen to Morning Ireland in the mornings and Drivetime on the way home. Outside of these shows I stick on CDs. We never listen to the radio at home.
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
[quote="ott":34as7l9f]I don't listen to music on the radio at all. I listen to Morning Ireland in the mornings and Drivetime on the way home. Outside of these shows I stick on CDs. We never listen to the radio at home.[/quote:34as7l9f] just about to post similar.. im morning ireland and drivetime. now if i had a couple of days off and was cleaning the house in peace id have morning ireland followed by john murray, followed by Pat Kenny, followed by my ipod for an hour (cant stand ronan collins) followed by the news at 1, then liveline, then derek mooney/more ipod, depending on my humour, then drivetime!!!!!! no prizes for guessing my fave radio station!!!!
ott Posts: 3920
I really like John Murray - love when I'm late for work and I catch the first few minutes of his show :innocent:
MichelleMyBelle Posts: 1270
Chris Evans on BBC Radio 2 on the way to work - he's just too funny - and then Richie Ryan on Phantom on the way home.