What's going on with my cr*tch?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

goodietwoshoes Posts: 167
Read on at your peril ladies. I've had shooting pains up my crotch for the last few days on and off.They make me double over and I can't move for a minute or so.When I do get moving again, I'm stiff and sore up there. The pains got much more frequent this morning and I ended up quite embarrassed in work because I couldn't move for the best part of a half hour.Is this something to do with pelvic pain? Have any of you had this? I'm pretty sure that it's fairly common, so I'd love to know what I can do about it? Any advice or stories would be appreciated :wv
safari girl Posts: 309
goddietwoshoes, it sounds like a mix of spd (pelvic pain) and something I had myself around the 12/13 week mark, "lightening crotch" :o0 Basically shooting pains in the area of the cervix. All perfectly normal, but not pleasant! How far along are you? If your pelvic pain continues you can get a referral to the phsio dept in your maternity hospital and they'll be able to help. The joys of it all, eh?
goodietwoshoes Posts: 167
Thanks for that Safari Girl. 'Lightning Crotch' couldn't come any closer to describing it, brilliant :o0 :o0 I'm 23 weeks now, and the pains only started last week.Definately a bit better today, no jolts! I have a physio appointment in November, so hopefully I'll not have too much bother between now and then. Thanks again :wv
safari girl Posts: 309
No problem. There's a lot people don't mention about this pregnancy malarkey. :o0 Glad you're feeling better. :wv