Menu

What's the best fountain brush to use?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

goodtimes Posts: 66
Hi all, Looks like ill be doing my own wedding makeup! :eek I must invest in good brushes and im wondering whats a good brand or type to use, need help please!! :thnk
MoreThanMakeup Posts: 516
Hi Goodtimes, I personally use Mac brushes but alot of big brands do brushes which I hear are quite good too. The type of foundation you use can sometimes dictate the type of brush but, in my opinion, the Mac Stippling brush is a good all rounder. I have used it with liquid and cream foundations with good results. The head of the brush is flat but it gives a good even coverage when you use light stippling and blending motions. It is pricey though - between 40 and 50 euro I think - but you should have it forever if you take care of it :wv Breda 'More Than Make-up'
littlemissus Posts: 481
I'd recommend the MAC stippling brush also, its def the best one I've used and the coverage is great. It'll be an investment in the long run!
eileenf99 Posts: 396
This brush gives such a flawless finsih in comparison to the flat brush ,i love mine it was d best buy ever.
Mrs.Know It All Posts: 118
how come your doing your own? I like the clinique one its only €24
MoreThanMakeup Posts: 516
Meant to say - when you go shopping don't ask for a 'fountain' brush :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 Breda 'More Than Make-up'
goodtimes Posts: 66
:o0 :o0 Just spotted my mistake with the spelling!!What an ass!! :hic Thanks a million for your help, ill be using doublewear by Estee Lauder, and will have to do it myself cos money is fairly tight..you know the usual story! Thanks again girls xx
annie77 Posts: 484
I have a combination of Bobbi Brown and MAC make-up brushes but if you're just starting out and buying them all I'd reommend getting this set, it's only €45 for 8 mac brushes and a case - I've bought 2 of these as presents from here and they're perfect. You can pay around €40 for a single brush depending on the brand so you may as well get the set. http://www.valueventure.ie/joomla/index ... &Itemid=53
dancingfeet Posts: 826
[quote="goodtimes":yrq9el0q]:o0 :o0 Just spotted my mistake with the spelling!!What an ass!! :hic Thanks a million for your help, ill be using doublewear by Estee Lauder, and will have to do it myself cos money is fairly tight..you know the usual story! Thanks again girls xx[/quote:yrq9el0q] I use doublewear all the time. When my sister got married last year, the makeup artist used double wear so I was delighted.
fiona7 Posts: 46
I highly recommend bobbi brown brush. I have the same 1 for a year now and its still in perfect condition! I use 3 different foundations (depends on my mood!) and I find they all blend perfectly with this brush