What's the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bride2be040812 Posts: 1182
I have been overwhelmed by people's goodwill and kindness in the past few weeks. There are so many wonderful and caring people out there in this world. Whats the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you? We could all do with some good feeling and to appreciate just how good some people are. the thing that sticks out for me at the moment was how happy people were for me and h2b when we got engaged. Genuinely so many good wishes and congratulations. At our engagement party a friend stood up and spoke about us as a couple and just said the most wonderful things and it was so touching.
lollypopwife Posts: 836
For one, when OH proposed I was overwhelmed by the fact that he'd do that for me and go to such effort. I have mention my Mam though,planning the wedding has brought us even closer and for some reason making me realise how much she does for me,she seems prepared to drop everything or sacrifice whatever needs be to help me,its amazing really, makes me wonder if I'd ever have that in me with my children in the future (please god and all). Its so unbelievably selfless all the time!
wowser Posts: 538
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
So far all the wedding related things have brought me closer to my own family, everyone has been so good to us and helped us so much. OH is great for the small things which I think are very important and my mam is just amazing that I've lost count of all the great thingsa she has done especially since our LO was born. On a smaller but equally nice note, my neighbour sent me in some soup she had made and suggested I try it with melba toast (we're doing WW) when I said I would get some she insisted on giving me a portion. So I am in work today looking forward to trying homemade soup and melba toast courtesy of my very nice neighbour/friend!!
Ellefun Posts: 1312
I can't think of any one gesture... There have been lots of time when I was glad of the support and friendship. One the nicest things was my sisters organising my Hen. It suited me to a T and I appreciated all the work that went into it and the memory book. It was so touching to see people going to such lengths for lil 'ol me. People were so sweet when we got engaged and married. Even those who weren't invited; it seems to bring out the best, and soppy side, in (some) people. My bestfriend writing this hilarious poem for my 21st and having it done in caligraphy and framed for me. There have been lots of times when in their actions or words people have restored my faith in humankind, life and myself.
mrsblacky Posts: 440
When we left the hospital after having dd, my husband drove us to the graveyard so that she could be introduced to my parents who were both buried there... I sobbed the whole time and I'm even shedding a tear thinking of it now!! He really is the best and most thoughtful husband I could ever have wished for!
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
[quote="mrsblacky":6rous5bj]When we left the hospital after having dd, my husband drove us to the graveyard so that she could be introduced to my parents who were both buried there... I sobbed the whole time and I'm even shedding a tear thinking of it now!! He really is the best and most thoughtful husband I could ever have wished for![/quote:6rous5bj] That's beautiful! :weep I know I have a few, but can't think of any at the moment.
ianstuart Posts: 1947
[quote="mrsblacky":u8nehrwy]When we left the hospital after having dd, my husband drove us to the graveyard so that she could be introduced to my parents who were both buried there... I sobbed the whole time and I'm even shedding a tear thinking of it now!! He really is the best and most thoughtful husband I could ever have wished for![/quote:u8nehrwy] He is so thoughtful. A very personal and kind gesture.
mammy2011 Posts: 1388
[quote="mrsblacky":2h715wz7]When we left the hospital after having dd, my husband drove us to the graveyard so that she could be introduced to my parents who were both buried there... I sobbed the whole time and I'm even shedding a tear thinking of it now!! He really is the best and most thoughtful husband I could ever have wished for![/quote:2h715wz7] That has made my cry!