What's the worst thing....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lolabelle Posts: 3311
someone has ever said to you or called you? I ask because I still remember things that were said to me years ago. How come we remember the worst stuff and never the compliments?! Silly aren't we? When I was about 14 we hung around in a big group and I remember there was an incident when I was talking to one of the boys and I started to laugh and he looked at me and said "you are really ugly" ... :o( I still remember it vividly.
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
oh you poor thing, what a :innocent: :action32 I got slagged for my nose numerous times when i was younger, made me cry plenty of times. One fella years ago like your gang of people, said, god id hate to have a nose like yours, could be worse i said, could have a full face like you!!! :o0 (i had to try and hold in the tears as i said it, but i managed it) the P****k. O:|
Sodapop Posts: 3220
I have so many of them - I was bullied in school from age 10 to 13 - so many things said that hurt me and sometimes actions speak louder than words.. one time a girl walked up to me and slapped right across the face only to be followed by laugther from the girls who dared her to do it.... Good for you Mammy McPhee!!! I was too shy and scared to ever say anything - when I started highschool I took no sh!t off anyone! probably why I'm considered "hard" now.
oh my god, she slapped you in the face, what a B I T C H >:o( why are people so cruel My neice had to be taken out of her primary school because she was bullied for having red hair, The same one who bullied her, tries to be her friend now,(they are 18now) because my Niece is stunning and is like a model compared to the other one! :o0
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
Being called fat. Usually by people who shouldnt matter. Funny thing was I wasn't actually fat. I wish I could have seen that then, I had my puppy fat but was always weight conscious as a result.. Or being rejected by boys I really liked. Usually because they fancied my friends/sister.. I wouldn't think I'm that hideous but it still plays on my mind, saddo that I am, so I used always try make an effort going into town/going out
Sodapop Posts: 3220
I love hearing stories like that MammyMcPhee! recently Jessie J was on Graham Norton saying how she was made fun of/bullied for being so tall! her latest song is about getting over being bullied "who's laughing now" and the video is good too! HA!
Milly83 Posts: 3620
Yep! Quite a few that have stuck to me to this day. 1. I overheard a girl I had my first job with saying to the other girls (who I was also in school with) "I feel so sorry for her, she's so ugly". And they all laughed. And now, she looks like a skankie hoe these days and doesn't seem to have anything going for her. Yet although I didn't care about her, i still remember what she said 2. When I was about 14, a guy broke up with me. Now I have a high hairline and his words were, " You have a pretty face but then you have this huge head and it looks weird". That was his reasons for breaking up with me. 3. When I was about 15, a group of guys that myself and my girls used to "fight with" or mess around with really said "Look at her chinny chin chin! The size of it!". Hmm, still haunts me. Took same guy to my debs and we were best friends for years. :o0 It's very strange how things that people say haunt you and I have a complex about all of the features mentioned now.
[quote="Sparkle Fairy":2c9j827l]I love hearing stories like that MammyMcPhee! recently Jessie J was on Graham Norton saying how she was made fun of/bullied for being so tall! her latest song is about getting over being bullied "who's laughing now" and the video is good too! HA![/quote:2c9j827l] i saw her too, she was very good. ya this one that bullied my niece,is going to one part of the secondary school now, and my niece goes to another part, and she tries to befriend her, but my niece totally blanks her :o0 good on her.!
blondiechick Posts: 1641
I'm v.small - I am 5ft 2" and size 6-8. One girl, who was a large girl herself, in school used to constantly teeze me and mock me for being small saying things like "oh you poor thing being that small". "It must be horrible to be that small" etc. etc. etc. After a couple of years of this, I got really fed up one day and I said "Tracey, you're fat and I'm small, so we are even! get over it!" And Tracey never opened her mouth to me about being small again.
Girl From Mars Posts: 1446
I had a boyfriend who told me he would 'punch your big ugly nose into the back of your head'. Of all the abuse he gave me, that one really stung cos he knew I had a hang up about my nose. OT- does anyone like their nose? Everyone seems to have a problem with theirs!