What's up with coffee smelling like fish?!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Nance Posts: 161
I probably shouldn't be drinking it but I want a warm drink and only put half a teaspoon of instant in a mug so it's really weak! As soon as I went to drink it the pong of dead rotten fish was unreal! Has anyone had similar experience with food / drink ? Would be funny to see how our tastes change in the first 12 weeks! Actually bought a book last night with nutritional advice and good recipies for getting the right nutirients, called "Yummy Mummy".. On the coffee subject, is it better just to give it up completely? I have read mixed reports on the net nothing seems conclusive, but I mean the coffee I got was sooo weak you could almost see the bottom of the cup.
buzybumble Posts: 831
I love my coffee but changed to decaf. Some of the decaf coffees are rotten so its trial and error. I didnt find it smelling of fish but I did find the taste of coffee, apples and spuds were like chewing on metal O:|
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Thats so weird! It happened me before when not pregnant, with a frappacino from Starbucks and no one else could see what I meant!
sinion Posts: 6050
I had some cashew nuts last week and they tasted EXACTLY like raw fish, nearly puked all over the floor! My taste has gone haywire already so expect more!
ginger nut Posts: 5989
nance in reply to your question about coffee, i think 1 or 2 cups a day of coffee or tea is probably ok - i don't think you need to eliminate it completely.. you may find though that your taste for coffee goes - i couldn't face even the smell of it when i was pregnant.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I had a cup a day when I was pg...as long as its not 15 its grand I remember my labrador smelt like fish when I was pg,its amazing what hormones do and also I had this dread of going into our kitchen it smelt of old spices made me wrech everytime :o0
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I had a cup a day when I was pg...as long as its not 15 its grand I remember my labrador smelt like fish when I was pg,its amazing what hormones do and also I had this dread of going into our kitchen it smelt of old spices made me wrech everytime :o0
sinion Posts: 6050
[quote="Mama Dora":1uea776h] I remember my labrador smelt like fish when I was pg[/quote:1uea776h] :o0 :o0
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
[quote="Sinion":3gg0kys5][quote="Mama Dora":3gg0kys5] I remember my labrador smelt like fish when I was pg[/quote:3gg0kys5] :o0 :o0[/quote:3gg0kys5] mine smells like that all the time from her daily sea swim ....sucha pleasant odour :o0 :o0 :o0