What's with the Christmas Obsession???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pigeonwife Posts: 3789
Not to be a scrooge (specially seeing as I've posted on a couple of the threads) but seriously.... IT'S OCTOBER!!!
JDD Posts: 1316
I know I know. It must be the dark and rainy weather outside today lol.
MeSB Posts: 3785
I never got out of them today! At home sick with a cold. Was all for the odd topic but it did start to take over there :o0
Jawl Posts: 8881
Because there's enough shitty things going on in real life, terminally ill colleagues, the recession, job losses etc. Something nice to post about makes us all feel better. And yes I do think you are Scrooge! :o0 Just ignore it if you think it's too early :o)ll
littlechick Posts: 758
For me it's just something to look forward to during a dark and cold winter. And the fact that we get a week off work helps too. I love Christmas time :o)ll
ohsotired Posts: 7071
I'm looking forward to 2 whole weeks off work!!! Wohoo!!! O-O
emlo Posts: 1506
[quote="Morrigin":2bllt9da]I agree completely - it's not even Halloween yet. I absolutely LOVE Christmas but it's a bit depressing starting talking about it so early.[/quote:2bllt9da] We'll have nothing to talk about when Christmas actually does come about!
My point exactly!
Jawl Posts: 8881
Kill joys :o0 We need things to look forward to! There'll be no talking about it when it comes as we'll be living it. Maybe we should stop talking about weddings too, they're usually a year or two away? :o0