Menu

What's your first dance song?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

nivs Posts: 45
Need inspiration, we don't have a song as such but favourites are the beach boys god only knows, the ramones baby I love you or my new favourite van morrison crazy love. We would love a song that would get everyone onto the dance floor, so what song did you ave or are you planning to have?
lewize Posts: 192
hey, We are having take that's rule the world as our song for the first dance and then the scripts im yours for everyone else to join in. Also liked googoo dolls iris. Hope this helps
atina Posts: 2240
we're thinking of having Jason Moraz Im yours its slightly upbeat coz h2b is not great at slow dancing :yelrotflmaosmilie:
cj23 Posts: 6
Hi, We were at a wedding last november where the first dance was Eliza Doolittle pack up your troubles, it was fantastic and looked like they were havin so much fun. I thought it was a really good idea to have something a little faster as alot of couples look very self concious during their slow dance, first dance. Got us thinking, if we do end up having a slow first dance, we want little richard - you make me wanna shout to be played immediately afterwards! -otherwise first dance we were thinking Pink -glitter in the air or Lifehouse - you and Me
ros33 Posts: 202
this is a list i copied, it is kinda all over the place but hope you can find something in there :) Truly madly deeply, Savage garden....../////......Unchained melody, Lionel Richie Suddenly, Lionel Richie...//////////////////////Dont break my heart, Ub40 Waiting for a girl like you, Foreigner...//////////////Stand by my, Temptations Id do anything for love, Meatloaf..//////////////////////Beautiful child,Fleetwood Mac. Take my breath away,Berlin////////////////////The power of love, Air supply Twisted, Keith sweat..////Kiss you all over,Exile////////////////Hungry eyes,Dirty dancing Every breath you take,The police.../////////////I dont wana miss a thing aerosmith Ill make love to you, Boys to men////////////////////Secret garden,Bruce Sprinsteen I got you babe,Sonny and Cher//////////////Nothings gona change my love for you, Air supply Iris,The goo goo dolls..//////////////////////////////Time after time, Cindi Lauper..// Careless whisper,George Michael///////////////////Making love out of nothing, Air supply All i have to dream, Everly brothers..////////////How deep is your love, Bee gees Shes always a woman to me, Billy joel..////////////Always, Jon Bon Jovi We've only just begun - the carpenters////////////////you're my best friend - queen You've made me so very happy - blood sweat and tears//////////lady in red - chris De Burgh wonderful tonight - eric clapton///////////the way you look tonight - lots of people cover this thats Amore - dean martin////////////////memories are made of this - dean martin somewhere over the rainbow/wonderful world - Isreal kamakawiwo'ole signed seal delivered Im yours - stevie wonder.////////god only knows - the beach boys save the last dance for me - the drifters......................little moments - Brad Paisley shes everything - brad paisley///////////////////two people fell in love - brad paisley waiting on a woman - brad paisley ../////////////////////////all my life - KC-I &Jojo you to me are everything -the real thing//////////having my baby - paul anka you're till the one-shania twain////////////////////////////////amazed - lonestar you and me - lifehouse//////////////////////me and you - from the movie Juno romeo and Juliette dire straights////////////////////love story - taylor swift at last - etta james///////////////////More than words - extreme love me tender- Elvis///////////////////////Percy Sledge – When a man loves a woman Righteous Brothers – Unchained Melody /////////////////Robbie Williams-Angels Van Morrison - Have I Told You Lately ////////////////////James Blunt - You're Beautiful Billy Paul –Mrs Jones //////////////////Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic-The Police I Want To Know What Love Is- Foreigner/////How Do I Live-LeAnn Rimes Hero-Enrique Iglesias/////////////////////////////////Baby, I Love Your Way - Peter Frampton How Deep Is Your Love -The Bee Gees ///////////////////Heartbreak Hotel - Elvis Presley crazy little thing called love - elvis////////////////////Breathe 1999 Faith Hill You're The One That I Want - John Travolta w/ Olivia Newton-John Happy Together-The Turtles /////////////////////////////////I'll Stand By You-The Pretenders I'll Grow Old With-Adam Sandler//////////////////// Unforgettable -Natalie Cole f/ Nat King Cole It's Your Love -timMcGraw & Faith Hill //////////////////////My Best Friend-Tim McGraw You Had Me At Hello Kenny Chesney ///////////////////////You Are My Lady Freddie Jackson. snow patrol~ Chasing Cars//////////////////////////////////Snow patrol~ Run bloc party~this modern love///////////////////////////////bloc party ~ so here we are band of horses~no one's gunna love you..//////////////////////////Colbie Caillat~ Oxygen Colbie Caillat~ realise///////////////////////////////////Kate Miller-Heidke~ last day on earth Darren Hanlon ~ falling aeroplanes////////////////////////Wet Wet Wet- Love is all around Hunters and collectors- Throw your arms around me////////////////Colbie Caillat~ bubbly hope this helps you out!
frazzledkitty Posts: 882
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRDBvKGc1fE we are having this one. Frank Sinatra Love and Marriage we arent the slushy type it'sd just not us and if we were dancing to anything lovey dovey our friends and family would keel over laughing. we were going to have The Voyage by Christy Moore but decided to use that during hte ceremony instead I love this song, can just see us swirling aroung the floor to it
WexfordBride2011 Posts: 25
[quote="atina":2l5qv6lp]we're thinking of having Jason Moraz Im yours its slightly upbeat coz h2b is not great at slow dancing :yelrotflmaosmilie:[/quote:2l5qv6lp] Us too!! I really wanted something cheery and upbeat but still appropriate and think this songs ticks all those boxes. I'd hate the thought of everyone staring at us slow dancing to a smoochy song... :eek Now just have to work out what song to follow it for the second dance....
cait59 Posts: 26
We're still arguing over this but I really want "I will" by The Beatles. There are two versions I like of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGnNQM_9q-w http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8muJIOznsg
mommylicious Posts: 836
this is ours http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwFS69nA-1w
lolly2010 Posts: 707
We are having Paolo Nutini, Loving You, we :lvs it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn6k1rj58nw