what should I be doing?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

*bubblez* Posts: 1599
Morning, hubby and I are TTC'ing at the moment, I'm monitoring my cycle etc but what else should I be doing? I completely forgot about taking folic acid tabs but I'll get some today. But I'm just wondering if there's anything else I should be doing?
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
just check when your ovulating, folics acid you've pretty much got it cover oh and of course loads of sex :o0
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Relax...sit back (or lie back :o0 ) and enjoy it. TRY not to think about it too much, but that's easier said than done. It was always on my mind !
NotHere Posts: 10273
Maybe have a visit to the doc? S/He can give you a quick health check. If you go to the www.askdramy.com site and go the ovulation calculator it is very handy. Someone here might have the exact web address for that, I only have it on my home computer, good luck!! And don't forget to join the babydust thread!! :babydust:
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Welcome! You should read the Fools Guide to TTC (sticky thread) on this forum. It's great! A good book is "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". But if you don't want to get too technical just yet - just enjoy and try to do the deed around the right time of the month! :babydust:
007 Posts: 1462
im not ttc yet, but will be open to whatever happens this time next year- my plan is to let nature take its course and not get obsessed with times, dates and temp... im in no hurry so i dont plan on stressing myself out and starting a military style operation to concieve! maybe that's easy for me to say now but i honestly feel the more you concentrate on it the harder it can be... if you know what i mean! anyway best of luck with it all and enjoy the practice!!!! :o)ll
Tigletts Posts: 2904
007..... easier said than done, believe me ! It's always at the back of your mind if not the front ! But yes, I do agree with you. I didn't tell DH I was using OPKs though, or when it was the right time of the month and all that, kept it to myself, thought that would put too much pressure on and didn't want him to feel he was just a baby making machine :o0
007 Posts: 1462
fair enough tigletts.. i can understand that completely i would just hate to take the fun out of it all and become obsessed. that said i can understand the sense in timings and dates etc..
Sphynx Posts: 6795
We had great fun last time and got pregnant first month TTC. That said, we did it on the right days. After losing a baby, we realised just how much we want one, how fragile life is, and just how difficult it can be to go from day dreaming about babies to actually holding one in your arms. So why not try to do as much as you possibly can to help things along? We're not obsessed here, we're just passionate :o0 ! :babydust: also helps :o0
*bubblez* Posts: 1599
thanks girls, we're only back from honeymoon where we did a lot of practicing :) but we're actually properly trying now so i want to do it right!!