What should i do? Should I pay for her alterations?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Huggles Posts: 1108
Hi girls, Just looking for some suggestions. I've ordered my BM dresses from the states so they'll take a few months to get here. Anyway, one of my BMs has told me that I'll have to get her dress altered because she's planning on losing more weight in time for the wedding. I've ordered the dress in her current size as I was too nervous to order any smaller in case she doesn't lose the weight. My question is, do you think that I should pay for the alterations since I'm asking her to be my BM? The problem is I couldn't wait any longer to order or I wouldn't have gotten the dresses I wanted. What do you think? It just seems to be one expense after another but I'm inclined to pay for the alterations.
mrsbessy Posts: 402
one of my bridesmaid dresses were too big for one of my bridesmaids, i paid for the alterations, but i dont know if its the norm for the bride to pay.
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
Personally I will be paying for any alterations needed on my bridesmaids dresses as part of the cost of the dress. *)
popple Posts: 1368
I'm going to pay for all the alternations needed.
Tadpole Posts: 346
Me too. The dresses I ordered for both bridesmaids have to be taken in, but I'm thinking of the cost of alterations as part of the overall cost of the dresses. I'd imagine that most BM dresses would have to be altered anyway.
laura1982 Posts: 174
I think its good form to pay for alterations!!!!! but try wait until the last minute incase she loses more weight
hot lips Posts: 453
Without a doubt I defo think you should pay for alterations I mean it is your wedding, im payin for dress and alterations
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Fiona13 Posts: 1366
Ye i think the Bride should pay for anything to do with the BM dresses
Barbara Ann Posts: 1032
I bought my bridesmaid dresses from the States, but I purposely order a size bigger just in case they were small fitting. I knew I waould have to get them altered but I did this just to be safe. Anyway I am paying for all alterations.