What should I do?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hagfromhell Posts: 2146
Don't know why I am posting this but here goes! Missed 2weeks of the pill (almost three) and have been using other contraception. DTD yesterday without using anything and we said I could go and get the morning after pill today. It is 14 weeks until the wedding and we are hoping to start TTC (am getting used to this lingo) straight away. So my question is - should I chance it without the M.A.Pill and see what happens. I know if I got pregnant it wouldn't be the end of the world but would I be able to enjoy the wedding at 14 weeks pregnant? Sorry it is all a bit embarassing :-8
babybuttons Posts: 886
completely up to you but i reckon you will be able to enjoy the wedding at 14 weeks. if anything it will be more exciting. we got married last year and it was the best day of our lives but nothing compares to the feeling of having a baby. we are both so delighted. you wont be really showing at 14 weeks either i would say.
s wife Posts: 1445
if its somthing that you's both want then let nature take its course otherwise take the morning after ,regarding the wedding you'll have a ball either way,drinking or not best of luck with whatever you choose
HarmattanRose Posts: 1444
designerwine. It is entirely up to you and your H2B. I would add you will not be 14 weeks in 14 weeks time but at least 16 weeks - you need to add 2 weeks (roughly) for the beginning of your last period - which is the date your due date is take from. I was starting to show from 14 weeks and haven't been able to get into most of my clothes (though not everyone is the same). Plus too your boobs will be bigger (not always a bad thing) but you could still have some sickness and get quite tired. On the other hand, you are unlikely to get pregnant the first month you come off the pill (not unheard of, but unlikely) so it may not be an issue anyway. Goodluck what ever you decide :wv
tanyababy. Posts: 511
theres a chance you might have bad morning sickness and that would be no fun on your wedding day. u would prob get away without anyone noticing u are not drinking as alot of brides dont drink that much anyway on their wedding day. Plus as another poster mentioned ur boobs might get bigger and u will have to take that into consideration with alterations to dress etc
Finished here Posts: 2860
Hey there, I would have said five months ago take the chance as it would be so wonderful and wouldn't really interfere with your day but now that i am nearly 20 wks pg and had hyper emesis, bloating, heartburn, exhaustion i would say its a big risk. We plan so much and put so much into wedding and its such a fantastic day you want to be in tip top form to enjoy every sec then you can go hell for leather on ttc for honeymoon !!!