What signs did you have before labour started?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gottabfp Posts: 5641
Im clutching here, hospital told me today they will let me go 2 weeks over ..... i can not wait that long. Ive been having shooting electric pains in my (ehem) region since last night but they have lessened off this evening. Now i have a period like pain and my boobs are getting sore... they have not been sore for months. Ive had the period pains on and off for the last 4 weeks but the boobs are a new thing... is it a sign?? :o)ll
twinkles1 Posts: 137
Hi Gottabfp all those signs seem pretty normal towards the end but until you get a show, waters break or you start getting regular contractions you could still have a bit to go. I know how hard it is towards the end you just want the baby out. Keep on your feet if you can, walk walk walk and bounce on the ball if you have one. I had a hot curry on DS2 and he came within 24hrs of it 10 days early. I went naturally 7 days over on my first. Hope to hear some good news soon x
nelswife Posts: 3869
I was getting lower back pains and pains that felt like period pain, also just as labour started (sorry if this is too much info) i kept thinking i needd to go for a poo
i want one Posts: 2893
hi gottabfp nearly there :o)ll or maybe you've had the baby since u posted this :o)ll i had those shooting pains on DD1 on the monday night, then they stopped and i went into labour on the wednesday. no other symptoms had no show no waters breaking. this week my boobs feel alot fuller they had a good aul leak yesterday O:| but apart from that this time i dont know weather labour is on the horizon or not. ah well from tomorrow ill be on the 14 day count down to induction. :o0 at least thats something.
happy mummy Posts: 424
i remember those shooting pains down below, i remember someone telling me it was DS moving down but i don't know how true that is. i was told on the monday before my due date that i could expect to go overdue. i cried all the way home as i was getting irregular cnx since the previous friday and really thought i'd be kept in. but my cnx regulated on that saturday which was my due date and had a show, waters went and DS popped out! so just do everything you can to help yourself whether thats relaxing at home or out walking in an effort to move things along hopefully - this is what i did! walked 4 miles a day for over a week before labour started. best of luck and hope babs comes soon! the frustration at the end is the worst!!
Still here girls, Tried the curry and am walking loads. Pains have stopped now O:| :o0 Think dh will be getting some loving tonight.. the heat is killing me and i need this baby out!
jewellb Posts: 2389
Gottabfp best of luck wit your baby I still rem when you got your bfp!! :lvs There is a point below your inner ankle that you can press rub massage to help things along this point should ONLY be pressed hard to stimulate contractions Its a reflexology point and should be avoided completely in pregnancy until you actually want the baby out! Also pressing the web between thumb and index finger on back of hand works 2!! :lvs
Thanks for that, Sil is a reflexologist so i think ill go for a session with her :o)ll
i want one Posts: 2893
i was sure you were going to tell us baby had arrived :o)ll not to worry gottabfp he or she really will be here very soon. just think of the long wait we have had to get to hear and i mean 9 months for those who were lucky enough to get pregnant first go, and i know it was a hell of a lot longer for you. i remember in labour with DD i thought she would never hurry up and get out and afterwards i was like for goodness sake another few minutes wont kill you i want one you've been waiting for this day for months :o0 having said that LO please get out your mammy wants to meet u. :wv
[quote="i want one":24a0k3v2]i was sure you were going to tell us baby had arrived :o)ll not to worry gottabfp he or she really will be here very soon. just think of the long wait we have had to get to hear and i mean 9 months for those who were lucky enough to get pregnant first go, and i know it was a hell of a lot longer for you. i remember in labour with DD i thought she would never hurry up and get out and afterwards i was like for goodness sake another few minutes wont kill you i want one you've been waiting for this day for months :o0 having said that LO please get out your mammy wants to meet u. :wv[/quote:24a0k3v2] Nope still here. you are dead right though, ive waited this long another few weeks arent going to kill me. Ive had a plain sailing of a pregnancy and am only starting to get uncomfortable now so i cant complain about that either. I think im just bored after finishing work and feel its wasted maternity leave without any baby :o0 How are you feeling?