Menu

what size babygros ye all get ?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Snugglebuggle Posts: 1084
Hi girls Due in Aug and just wondering I have a good few babygros from DD and have bought 3 more but do think i will need some more plain ones as I dont know if its a girl or a boy last time I just bought New baby but after a few washes I remember I was using the up to 1 month.My cousin is pregnant also and her last baby was nearly 10lb and she has bought 0-3thms she thinks its going to be another big baby,our DD was 6lb 12 wotcha think ???0-1mth maybe yeah ??have anyone bought a pink babygro and a blue one ???
MrsTroy Posts: 195
Hi Snugglebuggle, I bought up to 1 month and up to 3 month babygros from M&S for my DS. He was 6lb 8oz, even the up to 1 month were bigish on him but closer and cosier around the neck than the up to 3 month size. I was glad I had the smaller size even if he didn't get that long out of them. I did have one blue and one pink baby gro with me in the hospital bag! Don't know if that helps you, I had no idea what weight my DS was going to be caus the doc I had didn't like to give the weight of the baby. I was glad that I had the smaller sizes though caus they seemed more comfy and cozy than the bigger sizes.
Snugglebuggle Posts: 1084
thanks mrstroy i will get more of the up to 1month ones and will buy a blue babygro just incase I have loads of pinks ones and they are like new from DD so sorted then
Daff Posts: 11644
DD was 8lbs and was in Dunnes newborn for ages, I think up to 8 weeks, even though they say it's7.5lbs. She's 4 months now and only just put her in 3-6 month todya, adn they're still too big, but she couldn't use her legs as well in the 0-3 month ones. And she's 50 percentilefor height and weight, so is average. I'd get some more small ones, I always find the weigh guides on them are under estimated.
hipbaby Posts: 4530
I would only get maybe 3 newborn size as within a few weeks the size 0-3mths will be fine. And if you have been told that your baby is looking like a big baby then don't bother with the newborn.
Happy Mammie Posts: 1507
I am also due for aug. i bought the ones for up to 1 month they say up to 10lbs. i have 2 ds's and my biggest was 6 /7.5 lbs. o how exciting i love buying new babygrows. :o)ll
Elegance Posts: 2848
both dh and i are tall and we knew we'd be having a long baby... and she was 8lb 5oz i weight. i only bought 0 - 3 months in size, thinking that newborns would be too small, but they swamped her! had to get dh to go out and buy newborn babygros and vests pronto! so girls, my advice for what its worth is to have at least 3 newborn sizes just to get you started!
Idina Posts: 1289
My DS was 10lbs and he was in newborn for a few weeks! I would advise buying a few newborn just so they are not completly swamped for the first few weeks.