Menu

what song are you all walking down the aisle to

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

justme Posts: 1700
Thinking of a traditional irish tune myself but part of me is also thinking ah you have to go for here comes the bride :o0
nasus Posts: 624
hiya im walking down to the celts by enya its alovely piece of irish music :wv
Peaseblossom Posts: 6642
my lagan love on concert whistle or uillean pipes
ooh two lovely choices - Peaseblossom can I ask who you are having for church music, love the uileann pipes
CaliMom Posts: 670
I'm thinking of Canon in D by Pachelbel or Nella Fantasia (Gabriel's Oboe)... since I was small I've always loved Canon but I recently heard Nella Fantasia & it's a very beautiful piece of music... decisions decisions =)
do you know what Trad tune I really love - the lonesome boatman - not for walking down the aisle of course! anyone know if this would be allowed during the ceremony (recessional maybe(
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Just me - that is a beautiful, haunting piece of music. Maybe you could have it during the signing of register? As that is not exactly part of the ceremony, so priest probably won't mind?
nasus Posts: 624
yeah i like that one aswelli was at a wedding before and they had that played but i cant remember what part of the ceromoney it was
luigi Posts: 867
Annies Song, played in Trad Irish instruments. I love that sone :wv
MrsDecemberBride07 Posts: 594
we're having this one... i love it so much, always makes me teary eyed, jesus maybe that's a bad idea :weep THE WEDDING (Fred Jay / Joaquin Prieto) Recorded by : Daniel O'Donnell; Julie Rogers; Tracy Wells. You by my side, that's how I see us. I close my eyes and I can see us. We're on our way to say "I do". My secret dreams have all come true. I see the church, I see the people. Your folks and mine, happy and smiling. And I can hear sweet voices singing "Ave Maria". Oh my love, my love, this can really be. That some day you'll walk down the aisle with me. Let it be, make it be that I'm the one for you. I'd be yours all yours now and forever. I see us now, your hand in my hand. This is the hour, this is the moment. And I can hear sweet voices singing "Ave Maria, Ave Maria, Ave Maria, Ave Maria"