What song for entering and leaving chapel..Please help

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

preghopes Posts: 468
Hi girls I have an organist and soloist for music for chapel. I have picked a few songs like fields of gold, annies song, amazing grace, feels like home etc..... But I want a nice song for entering the chapel and leaving it. Really am stuck on this please help All ideas welcome :wv
SiobhanOliverSoprano Posts: 3150
hi 069001 I put up a post a few weeks ago with some ideas for the various parts of the ceremony - there might be some inspiration in there somewere for you. You'll find it at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=256566 Siobhan
preghopes Posts: 468
Thanks very much Siobhan that is very helpful! :thnk
SiobhanOliverSoprano Posts: 3150
no problem at all 069001 :wv
nelswife Posts: 3869
Just check with your priest to see if he is fussy on the type of songs that are sung, luckily mine was ok I had - Il Divo - everytime i see your face walking in (lovely song) you should find it on you tube Walking out we had, the beatles all you need is love We were going to go for Greatest day, but we had that signing the register instead HTH..,. :wv :wv
DipDab Posts: 1172
We had an organist too. We chose instrumentals for arriving and leaving. They were: Walking up the aisle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ui5_MP3Vws Walking down the aisle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOoiuMYc5Wc
Kickasswife Posts: 4051
Hi DipDab, Coulod you please tell me what these pieces are- cant get access to youtube at work... Thanks. :thnk :thnk
OOB Posts: 639
I'm having 'Nella Fantasia' for coming up the aisle and 'Haste to the Wedding' for leaving the chuch - we're having a soloist, accompanied by a harpist and violinist. I also picked a few instrumentals like O Mio Babbino Caro for the signing of the resgister....youtube has been a much visited lately!! Another nice instrumental is 'For the love of a Princess'.....from Braveheart.