What stage in pregnancy did you get Swine Flu jab?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
I'm just curious really. I got my first jab yesterday and I was 14w 6d. I think if I'd a thought about it more I would have waited until a little later in the pregnancy, but sure there's nothing I can do about it now. What stage where you when you got it?
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
Can't advise you as I chose not to get it but I know most of my friends who got it did so around the 14/15 weeks mark !
roxylady Posts: 69
Morning Rocket Queen :wv Like you I got the first jab at just 14 weeks, took alot of deliberating as to whether to get it done in the first place or not, but feel much better now that I have. Haven't gone back to get the 2nd jab yet, dunno if I will....my bad! Asked my GP how important is it to go back and she said that I am 99.9% covered now...why can't they just give you a straight answer >:o(
maggie2009 Posts: 87
I got my 1st at 16wks & 2nd at 20wks. I asked my midwife her opinion on getting the 2nd one and she said I was around 80% or more covered with the 1st. Like most I get public transport each day so for peace of mind got the 2nd one. My hands where crack to bits with using so much antibacterial gel the last few months :hyper:
Greece Posts: 1800
I got my jab at 7 weeks (I have an underlying condition) but I was told there was no need to get a second one.....did you all get 2?
roxylady Posts: 69
Hello All :wv I got the Celvapan and this comes in 2 doses....not gonna go back for the 2nd. Having said that, had my first dose in Nov and was told I would be called within 2/3 weeks for second jab.....still waiting for that call!
marianf Posts: 5845
I got my first one at 20 weeks and second at 25 weeks. It only became available when I was 20 weeks so there was no decision making required other than deciding to get it. TBH I would have gotten it earlier had it been available.
fifibelle Posts: 4447
I got mine at 12 weeks.
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
I love this site :lvs I assumed everyone got it at a later stage than me...glad to hear I'm not alone
funkyfish Posts: 7626
37 weeks it was just out then...