What style of a suit is your H2B going for?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MissMuppet Posts: 2085
Just a fun poll to see what your H2B's are going for... My H2B is going for tails
hopeful13 Posts: 501
i'm interested to see what others are doing here too. H2B thought that he would just hire morning suits/tails but at the weekend he was saying that he thinks he might prefer to get a really nice tailored suit (Louis Copeland or similar) that he'll have for a long time but wondered what to do about his best man, groomsman and our dads cos we would like to have the rest of the bridal party in matching suits. In fairness, i think he has a good point - we think nothing of spending over a grand (or more) on a fancy guna and all he gets is a hired suit
MeSB Posts: 3785
MissMuppet Posts: 2085
[quote="may10":1l6zdlw4]In fairness, i think he has a good point - we think nothing of spending over a grand (or more) on a fancy guna and all he gets is a hired suit[/quote:1l6zdlw4] Thats so true...the poor pets. He might as well go all out, shur he'd always have it. My H2B was thinking the very same about buying his own suit too!
mrsandmr Posts: 366
[quote="may10":3pgrdc4v]i'm interested to see what others are doing here too. H2B thought that he would just hire morning suits/tails but at the weekend he was saying that he thinks he might prefer to get a really nice tailored suit (Louis Copeland or similar) that he'll have for a long time but wondered what to do about his best man, groomsman and our dads cos we would like to have the rest of the bridal party in matching suits. In fairness, i think he has a good point - we think nothing of spending over a grand (or more) on a fancy guna and all he gets is a hired suit[/quote:3pgrdc4v] We decided that H2B would get a nice suit and we've bought him a gorg 3 piece suit in Ted Baker which together with really fab shoes came to over 700euro, hes also getting a tailored shirt and I bought him a €100 tie as part of his wedding pressie. So his rig out is almost costing as much as my dress! Although when you add on my shoes and accessories I'm still miles ahead!!!
dancingqueen Posts: 491
Not a clue.....going suit hunting in the next few weeks and I am sure he will find something he likes...up to him really as he has to wear it!!!
hopeful13 Posts: 501
We decided that H2B would get a nice suit and we've bought him a gorg 3 piece suit in Ted Baker which together with really fab shoes came to over 700euro, hes also getting a tailored shirt and I bought him a €100 tie as part of his wedding pressie. So his rig out is almost costing as much as my dress! Although when you add on my shoes and accessories I'm still miles ahead!!![/quote] do you mind me asking what the rest of your bridal party are wearing, are you hiring suits for them??
sandycove bride Posts: 98
We are having a black-tie wedding and H2B and Bestman etc are all wearing their own tuxedos. It worked out really well as we did not need to buy a new suit or hire anything or worry about what the bridal party would wear. Just got him a new ivory bow-tie so he would stand out.
mrsandmr Posts: 366
[quote="may10":21vrlcqn]We decided that H2B would get a nice suit and we've bought him a gorg 3 piece suit in Ted Baker which together with really fab shoes came to over 700euro, hes also getting a tailored shirt and I bought him a €100 tie as part of his wedding pressie. So his rig out is almost costing as much as my dress! Although when you add on my shoes and accessories I'm still miles ahead!!![/quote:21vrlcqn] do you mind me asking what the rest of your bridal party are wearing, are you hiring suits for them??[/quote] H2Bs suit is a grey/blue colour so the best men and groomsman are wearing hired navy business type suits from Astons Formalwear.
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
Mine is wearing a kilt so I voted other. The best man is wearing his own suit {don't know colour} and grooms dad is the same and my dad is wearing a black tux belonging to my BIL.