What they didn't tell me about pregnancy ...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

oirish Posts: 1541
I thought that us ladies (well, hopefully me!!!) who are pregnant should have a place where we can come and not, complain, as such - but just have a little vent about the more unpleasant aspects of pregnancy. I will start :) - I have never, ever gone off food in my life. I can't even look at it now because I know it is going to come back up at some stage - my boobs HURT all the time - I have 3 spots the size of spaceships one on my forehead, one by my nose and one on my chin - my feet are swollen and veiny ( and I thought this was a LATE pregnancy thing ??!!!!) oooh, I feel better for getting that all out and I'm NOT complaining :)
NotHere Posts: 10273
Ok.... Immense tiredness Feeling like a different person Not able to look inside the fridge Eating a lovely dinner knowing you'll be seeing it again within the hour No wine :o( Sore boobies Feeling like spewing in the work canteen whilst still trying to hide early pregnancy! BUT......I'm not complaining! :o0
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Can't reach toenails to paint them Can't reach other places either for "house-keeping" (TMI I know :-8 ) Can't go on beer with work colleagues and free bar >:o( Can't have 99 Look like a whale in the fine weather. Having to "waddle" Clothes shopping a neccessary chore, not a treat Miss my ankles :o( Massive sore boobs Can't reach stuff on desk, as I can't push seat in far enough :o0 Also miss my memory!
[quote="MoonDesert":2g8aa7nq] Can't have 99 ![/quote:2g8aa7nq] er, what ??????
I don't think we're allowed ice-cream cones - something to do with unpasturised milk - thats what I was told, but if we're allowed I'm all for it!?! :o)ll
ginger nut Posts: 5989
sorry oirish but no 99s or Mr Whippy ice creams for you for the next 9 months....apparently risk of listeria or salmonella or something. package ice cream ok though (thank god!) don't forget.... absent sex drive guilt re absent sex drive and subsequent neglect of husband feeling starving but unable to face any food of any description wishing you could be in bed sleeping when you should be working
not being able to sleep at night and when you finally do having terrible nightmares all night long!!! and is it just me or do you sweat more?? I smell !! Or maybe it's my sense of smell with the body temp going up but I feel gross !!! Showered this morning and have the heat on for a bath soon!
Oh yeah - forgot about that, feeling sticky constantly no matter how often you shower! Its probably because the slightest bit of exertion is so tiring now!
I'm still reeling over the no 99's comment. Am quite upset actually.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings oirish! ;o( :o(