What time is your Wedding Mass at and Why?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lush11 Posts: 2877
Just wondering what time people are having their wedding service at, 1.30pm, 2pm or 3pm. Just out of curiousity and why that particular time. I'm was thinking of 2pm to give people loads of time to get ready but decided on 1.30pm on the advice of my photographer as we'd be rushing photographs otherwise and we want the meal around 5.30pm or 6pm. When i tot up all the times (eg - service 1hr, greet people after 30 mins, pub next to church 30 mins, getting to photos location and getting set up 20 mins, taking picture 1hr, get to hotel 20, other arsing around 30 mins = brings us up to about 5.40pm ) and i want to relax for at least 10 mins when arriving at the hotel.
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
2pm.. thats the time the priest suggested... so we were happy with that
roisinmace Posts: 223
I'm having mine at 1.30 because of the time of year (late october) and wanted to get the most out of what daylight there would be. The church was trying to get me to have it at 2.30 / 3.00pm just in case there were any funerals that day but i pushed them on it and they let me have it earlier. I'm only having photos at my house that morning, at the church and at the venue coz i want to be able to spend time with the guests etc and enjoy the party. Don't want to be posing for photos for hours on end! :o)ll
Mrsthorny Posts: 220
2pm, just cos its not too early but not too late either. should give pleanty of time to get ready without undue stress.
PinkRibbons Posts: 1446
depends on time of year (for photos), distance between hotel and church, and when the hotel want you to sit. It's a 40min drive from church to venue for us, so we're having 1pm service, finish for 2.15/2.30 by the time you see everyone out of the church, guests will get to venue by 3.30pm, have to check-in etc (we'll be another hour of faffing around with photos) and hotel want us called at 5pm to be serving 1st course by 5.30pm.
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Ours is at 3pm but we are having a civil ceremony so it will be a good bit shorter than a traditional church ceremony. If you're having a civil ceremony it can only be at 12pm or 3pm so we went with the later one as otherwise there'd be a lot of time to fill between the ceremony (approx. 30 minutes) and the dinner at 6pm, especially as there is no travel time in between as the ceremony will take place in the reception venue.
realta Posts: 820
2pm as well. our church gave us 3 times to pick from 12, 2 or 4. we went with 2 because 12 is too early and 4 is too late our venue is literally across the road from the church so its a matter of 5 minutes to get there. no time wasted with travelling want to have plenty of time to get ready and not be stressed about hair and make up and pre-church photos also want to have quick photos as not keen on the staged kinda shots. a few shots of me and hubby after the mass then back to the party!!!
28-sept-10 Posts: 1832
im getting married at 1pm because at the end of sept it gets dark about 4.30-5pm so want to make sure i have all my pics outta the way by then
Decisions11 Posts: 1246
2.30 to allow guests to travel in the morning if they wish (Wedding in Donegal, family from Dublin, Limerick etc) also I'm not a morning person need time to come round and not be in a rush to get ready :o)ll
bubblybride2010 Posts: 1490
[quote="28-sept-10":2l79q89a]im getting married at 1pm because at the end of sept it gets dark about 4.30-5pm so want to make sure i have all my pics outta the way by then[/quote:2l79q89a] me too, and im 2 days after u :o)ll