What time prior to service at church?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Janey2008 Posts: 123
Hi My h2b asked me how much before the service starts does he need to be at the church and ive no clue.....what are others experience/opinion on this? Wedding is at 12.... Sorry to ask a silly question...not done this before lol
x_x Posts: 1823
I reckon half an hour? Just in case people arrive early and stuff? Thats what my brothers did anyway when they got married!
Janey2008 Posts: 123
Thanks - thats what i reckoned but im one of those ppl obsessed with time and always turn up early just incase.... and it will be all i can do to stay away until 12 lol
sinduf Posts: 261
Hi, I think it should be 30-45 minutes before hand.
Mrs.July0408 Posts: 1842
[color=purple:39ffhw2s]Yeah I would think 40 mins so he can be a bit more relaxed before people start to arrive :wv [/color:39ffhw2s]
chefmaid Posts: 2426
i have told him 30/40 mins before hand - and as he is always late he will be getting a call to remind him to get there :o0
looey Posts: 624
Most grooms arrive about 20 mins, but I have even seen a groom late cause he was in the pub, the bride had to go again and circle round until he arrived with his mates!!! Now that is BAD!
lucylocket Posts: 300
30 -40 mins, it will allow him to greet any guests plus allow for the photographer to take some pic's of him and bridal party before you and the bridesmaids arrive.
ozypozy Posts: 2950
[quote="looey":lbp0o1y1]Most grooms arrive about 20 mins, but I have even seen a groom late cause he was in the pub, the bride had to go again and circle round until he arrived with his mates!!! Now that is BAD![/quote:lbp0o1y1] :ooh :ooh
monkeybear Posts: 1926
not a silly q at all id say half an hour as well our wedding is at 2 but my H2B is absolutly dreadful with time keeping, he was late for our first date!! so im telling him an hour to take into account his lateness