What to buy and old bag of a MIL2B

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

workingmom Posts: 3429
OK, mid 60s, miserable, doesn't wear makeup (pity). Rarely wears jewellery, doesn't like face creams or perfumes. I wouldn't even try to guess what size she is or what she likes clothes wise, oh and her daughter will probably give her about 1000 euro worth of vouchers, so whatever we give will be slim pickings by comparison. I am stumped, if I could buy some joy and happiness in a bottle I'd give her that! so ideas welcome and very appreciated ladies. Ta.
mad woman Posts: 22106
give her a gift voucher.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
A book? A shovel? A picture? A centre piece/ A stripper :o0
Nice idea, but when daughter dearest rocks up with 1000 euros of vouchers, my little 50 or 80 euro voucher will look miserable. I'd rather get her a present. I said in joking to my OH that I'd love to get her a vibrator, and sheesh, if we'd been married we'd be heading for the divorce court, he really couldn't take a joke about it :eek
NowGone Posts: 8042
Give the old bag a new bag. Then, as it ages, you can laugh as it, too, becomes an old bag.
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
How much are you planning on spending?? In the past I've gotten my old bag of MIL a big fleecey blanket for her bed, dressing gown and slippers, hand cream, hamper of jams, biscuits etc. Got her a lovely photo frame for her birthday years ago and havent seen it since >:o(
Tweezers Posts: 47
A coffin.
WonderWol Posts: 2927
I'd buy her something to wear so even if it doesn't fit or she doesn;t like it it'll give her something to moan about whhich will make her ahppy so it's a win win O-O :o0
Elliecat Posts: 2725
What's your budget?? You could get her a decent pair of leather gloves and a nice scarf from a posh shop with nice packaging?? A voucher for her hair salon (if she has one). Subscription for her favorite mag... I'm doing up a hamper for my in-laws with all their fave day-to-day foods and couple of bottles of wine, nice candles etc Sounds like whatever you get her won't be apreciated anyway!!
Up to 100 euro, couldn't be arsed spending more than that on the thankless old baggage.