what to do aboout..............

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tootsy Posts: 779
Hi guys/girls, were going to migrate to oz a few weeks after the wedding as the work shortage here for h2b is a joke, any advice on what company to use and how much should we expect to pay, we have been sitting down trying to do out a budget so we have enough for the wedding and the visa, also what to do about wedding gifts (don't fancy telling people we would prefare money as that is not the case) l just don't want our family's having to look after everything as we plan to stay out their for 5years!!
he's a builder both of us are on the high job skilles needed in oz at the mo, was thinking we wont have to save for honeymoon as we will be taking a month off when we land out :o)ll
thats the problem huneybun there are so many sites and the offical aussie site is so confussing my heads sore, spent all day taking down info from all the sites, and also spent around an hour on the fone to my brother as he lives out their, hope were not bitting of more than we can chew
mrsdthe1st Posts: 472
Hi We are thinking of doing the same thing after we get married and there isnt much out there to tell you where to start if you go on to the austrilian goverment web page you will get info form that or you can get a visa company to do it for you not sure of the cost takes abit of time on the net to find what you looking for hope this is a small bit of help :wv
cheers babydoll, ill look again i'm waiting on a few companies to get back to me with quotes, some are saying that it can take up to 7/8 months, another thing do we apply as a married couple as i intend to change my passport straight away or can this be done as i wont have proof of new name till i'm married? so much to do and all so confusing
[quote="sep_o9":1jutynnj]cheers babydoll, ill look again i'm waiting on a few companies to get back to me with quotes, some are saying that it can take up to 7/8 months, another thing do we apply as a married couple as i intend to change my passport straight away or can this be done as i wont have proof of new name till i'm married? so much to do and all so confusing[/quote:1jutynnj] My cosuion is moving to oz on the 18th dec she has just got engaged it took them 8 mths to get there visa and they got one for 4 years you do have a better chance when you are married as if one of ye dont have enough points the other person can carry you and you will only need one as you can get a family one as you are married if you like pm me your email address she is calling out to me next week and i can email you the info she has give me if its any help to you :wv
[quote="sep_o9":1ka7pnl8]cheers babydoll, ill look again i'm waiting on a few companies to get back to me with quotes, some are saying that it can take up to 7/8 months, another thing do we apply as a married couple as i intend to change my passport straight away or can this be done as i wont have proof of new name till i'm married? so much to do and all so confusing[/quote:1ka7pnl8] My cosuion is moving to oz on the 18th dec she has just got engaged it took them 8 mths to get there visa and they got one for 4 years you do have a better chance when you are married as if one of ye dont have enough points the other person can carry you and you will only need one as you can get a family one as you are married if you like pm me your email address she is calling out to me next week and i can email you the info she has give me if its any help to you :wv
Goosey Posts: 387
Do you know where in Aust, you are thinking of moving to? My advise would be to go to Perth or Brisbane and avoid Sydney. Reason being is everyone goes to Sydney so it's harder to get a job. Find a contact in the city you are choosing to move to as that person will be a valuable contact to have. Speak to an immigration lawyer first off as they will have all the advise you need. Did you manage to go to the RDS the other week - there was an exhibition on Oz jobs. Also, call the Aust. Embassy in Dublin and ask them for the best websites etc
bucketofchips Posts: 1913
[quote="sep_o9":3tyh1tnn]Hi guys/girls, were going to migrate to oz a few weeks after the wedding as the work shortage here for h2b is a joke, any advice on what company to use and how much should we expect to pay, we have been sitting down trying to do out a budget so we have enough for the wedding and the visa, also what to do about wedding gifts (don't fancy telling people we would prefare money as that is not the case) l just don't want our family's having to look after everything as we plan to stay out their for 5years!![/quote:3tyh1tnn] Congrats on your big decision! Out of interest, have you ever been out here before?
Ready-to-Rock09 Posts: 25
Hi, I did this application and we now has the residency 5 year visa. it looks daunting from the website but its really quiet easy so I can help you if you want by telling you what you need to do- I wouldn't waste the money on the agents because its really not that difficult to do after all. Hopefully I'll get time to check it out tomorrow. All I need to know is your ages, occupations, and qualifications then I can check what you need, what pre qualifiations paperwork you need and then what forms you need to fill out! PM me if you dont want to show details publicly!