Menu

What to do and where?

Go to TTC with Assistance

starsandstripes
New Wolly

What to do and where?

Postby starsandstripes » Fri May 27, 2016 10:46 am

Hi

I'm in need of some advice. We have a daughter who we had via IVF in the UK a couple of years ago. We've moved to Ireland and had a round an unsuccessful round of IVF at SIMS. I hated the experience at SIMS, and despite our doctor being so positive before our treatment, she now says I'm too old ( just turned 40) and doesn't seem remotely interested in helping us.

I have been doing Accupuncture for the last 3 months and she seems to think I have immune issues and poor egg quality.

My questions are,

1. Do we change doctor or clinic? I don't want to start at the beginning again and feel every IVF doctor simply takes a new patient and rolls out the same treatment to see if it work. Does anyone have experience with a clinic and doctor they would really recommend.

2. I'm thinking about Napro as my experience with our last IVF was so bad.
Has anyone here with immune issues or egg quality had success with Napro?

I would really appreciate any feedback as I don't know whe to turn or who talk to.

Thanks

Blueeyes79
Mini Wolly

Re: What to do and where?

Postby Blueeyes79 » Sun May 29, 2016 1:48 pm

Hey Starsandstripes,

First of all I am very sorry to hear that your IVF didn't work and that you had such a bad experience. I have been looking up sims recently and it looks like there are blood tests and specialty style things that you could try.

If I were you if you are not happy with your consultant, def change. I have been checking that Eava style embryo test which selects the best one before putting them back in and it looks like it has a better chance of becoming a viable pregnancy. I have suffered multiple miscarriages and this is something I feel would work for us.

Also if you think you have immune problems can't sims test for that? as far as Na-pro goes, they require you to change your diet completely, give steroids, possible surgery, a few more general tests, for me I feel I have wasted almost 3 years of my mid thirties trying for another baby with Napro so now I am moving to sims.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Blueeyes

starsandstripes
New Wolly

Postby starsandstripes » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:50 am

Thanks so much for your reply Blueeyes79.
I think I will change doctor at SIMS and see if there is something more they can do. I asked about Eeva before we began our cycle there and our consultant told us that we didn't need to bother with it!

Hopefully I'll see someone who is a little more interested in helping us although I may change clinic.

In the meantime I've made an appointment at Napro but don't really see how that will help after being on such an aggressive fertility plan for so long, it almost feels like it's taking a step back.

Good luck with your journey and thanks for your advice.

moobear
Royal Wolly

Postby moobear » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:48 pm

Hi starsandstrips

We were in a similar suitation but only has the initial consultation with SIMS and decided to change clinic. Are now with rotunda ivf - had our initial consultation last wednesday. For us this was the best decision we made. The consultant couldnt have been nicer and we both came away feeling very positive. We also have a plan now and i cant fault them at all.

We didnt like the consultant and i actually came away saying it was pointless being there.

Im not saying anything about them but they just werent for us

Best of luck with your decision
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Tulip32
New Wolly

Postby Tulip32 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:50 pm

Hi Starsandstripes

Sorry to hear you haven't had a positive experience with SIMS to date. For what it's worth I am seeing an excellent and very knowledgeable acupuncturist and she said the place to be for autoimmune issues is SIMS and she specifically mentioned Dr. L for this particular issue.

I'm seeing another doctor there at present and while I found it all a little overwhelming at our first appointment I have found them excellent since in terms of responding to any queries and taking the time to talk with us.

Wish you all the best with whatever you decide.

Peaches and Cream
Mini Wolly

Postby Peaches and Cream » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:52 pm

Hi Stars and Stripes.
Sorry to hear your IVF didnt work. So disheartening.
I think most fertility clinics are happy to provide care up to the age of 45. So 40 is still young. Now one thing they cannot help us with is egg quality and quantity. But if it was so hopeless like your AMH was very bad then they should discuss doner eggs.
That might be the way to go. It is dearer and wont be genetically your baby but it will be your baby so they say once you reach 40 try use 'younger' eggs. So why not.

The Dr shouldn't have been dismissive with you. Its insensitive. Sometimes they seem to be in robot mode. My sister had a miscarriage after IVF and her own GP was cold about it. Very odd.

I did Napro. They are Christian based and so dont believe in IVF. So that was a problem for me in the end as I needed IVF. So they can only help you so much. I doubt they will help you and feel they might waste your time. It was obvious to me my Napro treatment wasnt working yet they would have kept me another year if they could. Waste.

Acupuncture will help relax you and might help if your stressed. Again if you do have fundamental issues such as eggs or high TPO etc, then no amount of acupuncture will help. I wasted €2000 on that!!

I know its trial and error. But if I was you I would focus on the IVF. I would request another Dr with Sims. Ive had two great Drs in Cork. Very caring and great staff. When doing the IVF get non essential oil massages and make sure SIMs are giving you the care you need. You are paying enough for it.

Good Luck,
Peaches and Cream

Couple Photography
modonovan300
New Wolly

Postby modonovan300 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:13 am

Really sorry to hear that Stars and Stripes and wishing you lots of hope and luck for the future. I wouldn't be changing clinics too quickly. We went with Repromed but that was down to where we are live. I would go back to your Dr and discuss various options again. Very best of luck

Go to TTC with Assistance