What to do?????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hippygal Posts: 7
Hi all have a bit of a dilemma! Was going to announce engagement on christmas day - but my oh best friend bet us to it and got engaged xmas eve, completely out of the blue - everyone is shocked as they are not together that long by we are delighted for them! So now to my question - how long should we wait until we announce engagement???? Thanks!!!!!
monkeybear Posts: 1926
yeah just go ahead and announce it everyone will be delighted for you...and congratulations to you both, exciting times ahead!!
marquise Posts: 595
I'd just go ahead and announce it now... I don't think you should have to wait any longer!
milis Posts: 7998
Go ahead and announce it -if you have the ring and all they'll know you are not just 'copying' them! Congratulations :o)ll
doesmybumlookbiginthis? Posts: 480
Congrats on your engagement-announce it-no point in waiting just cause someone else got engaged at the same time-celebrate together!!!!
so excited! Posts: 330
announce it now!! you must be soo excited!! Congrats! :o)ll :o)ll
mollie82 Posts: 95
announce it whenever u want but make sure it's your day, It was such a great day when we announced our engagement that I wouldn't want to share it O-O
outdoorgirl Posts: 610
I'd announce as soon as you like. There's no point to putting all your timing off because of this. How about New Year's Eve or day? For a new start to the year?
thebrideof2009 Posts: 1416
congrats anounce it its your time to glow also your friend will be happy for you
fluffiesmam Posts: 1470
Congrats, i think you should make your announcment as soon as, i mean, why should you feel second best to your friend!! i'm sure she wouldn't hear of it and would prob love to have someone to talk about planning!!