What to drink ?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
I really didn't want to post in P&B until after our first scan but I'm only 5wks gone so don't think I can hold out that long. I'm feeling very superstious about this pregancy for some reason, I'm not usually like that. I'm going to do exactly what I did the last time and hope I have as healthy and calm a baby as DD. So I've cut out the coffee completely, even the decaf. It's a teeny weeny tiny change but I'm lost without it and don't know what to drink instead. I don't drink tea, what do the rest of you drink in the morning or even during the day as a pick me up? The tiredness already is tough. I'm a little shocked about it tbh I didn't think it hit me so early last time. :eek I feel like a total wuss, what the hell will I be like when I go back to work fulltime in Sept :eek
McSquigg Posts: 174
First of all, congratulations on your BFP. I cut way back on coffee and tea when I found out I was pregnant and found peppermint tea was a Godsend. It helped calm any nausea i had and the peppermint smell gave me a bit of a lift. I have to admit though that now I'm 13 weeks I'm allowing myself a cup of milky coffee every now and again.
Bridezilla07 Posts: 2237
RQ, can I ask you why you've cut out decaff tea too? Just curious as I love my cup of decaff tea! Please don't tell me I shouldn't be drinking this either :o(
Yoda Posts: 3340
You can drink up to 3 cups of coffee or 5 cups of tea Would you not have a juice, orange, apple, pineapple etc.....
mama2E Posts: 670
Congratulations RQ! What about a nice glass of cranberry juice. Or a hot chocolate. I stuck to decaff tea until around 20 weeks. Now back to around 3 cups a day. I love my tea!
under construction Posts: 3458
Firstly congratulations, hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy. I drank 3 cups of tea a day. Just orange or tropical juice for brekkie. During the day water with some blackcurrent / orange and pineapple coridal or similar very refreshing and i find plain water just a little boring. Then in pubs i would just have soda water and blackcurrent or lime
swissgirl Posts: 2301
[quote="Rocket Queen":1qwc2c25]I really didn't want to post in P&B until after our first scan but I'm only 5wks gone so don't think I can hold out that long. I'm feeling very superstious about this pregancy for some reason, I'm not usually like that. I'm going to do exactly what I did the last time and hope I have as healthy and calm a baby as DD. So I've cut out the coffee completely, even the decaf. It's a teeny weeny tiny change but I'm lost without it and don't know what to drink instead. I don't drink tea, what do the rest of you drink in the morning or even during the day as a pick me up? The tiredness already is tough. I'm a little shocked about it tbh I didn't think it hit me so early last time. :eek I feel like a total wuss, what the hell will I be like when I go back to work fulltime in Sept :eek[/quote:1qwc2c25] Hi RQ - Congratulations!!! I didnt realize you got a BFP! When I was pregnant I cut caffine totally out for the first trimester and found it very hard. However I found the nespresso intensivo (dark red capsules) really good replacements. Do you have a nespresso machine? I found they tasted the nearest to real coffee. Good luck - itll be worth you (as you know!) x sg
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Thanks girls. I was looking for a hot drink esp for the winter mornings, I've a LONG drive to work so I know I'll need something to keep me going. I'll try some of your suggestions. SG we have a nespresso machine in the office I must have a look at the capsules that came with it and see if those ones you suggested are there. As I said in my original post DD is the calmest, easiest to please baby anyone has ever met. I'm not for a second saying any of that is down to what I did or did not drink while pregnant but I'd like to do the same again for this little bean. :lvs I know there's a certain amount of caffeine you can drink a day (I think it's 300mg or something). Personally I'd prefer to avoid caffeine as much as possible, as it does cross the placenta. Each to their own, we all do what we think is best for ourselves and our little beans and that all we can do. :lvs