What to eat before run

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

daffodilbaby Posts: 916
Hi girls I'm looking for advice. I started c25k last night after months off threatening to do it. Got on much better than expected but I'm clueless. How long do you eat before the run?? I plan to head out around 8 pm mark so will wait til after run to eat - or is it really unhealthy to eat that late?? Last night I had a banana about 1 hour befor the run but I got a crampy belly :-8 during run and had to use toilet in restaurant on way home. Would that be banana.. Sorry I know I've lots of silly questions
ninja next Posts: 1548
HI daffbaby I try not to eat at least 2 hours before a run as it makes me feel sick! So if i was running at & I would have my dinner after. Mind you id be starving by then so i try to run/excercise about 7 instead. Good luck with it
daffodilbaby Posts: 916
Thanks for reply Next. I'll try get out earlier tonight do I'm not starving.
blue2012 Posts: 126
It works for me to change the times I eat during the day if I am going for a run. If I go for a run at 7 I will make sure I have a big breakfast, snack and a biggish late lunch at around 3 and a snack about two hours before I run, nuts usually. Then I have a small supper when I get in, nothing too stodgy, usually an omelette or something like that! Now in fairness my runs are far and few between but on the rare occasions I go this really works for me!
stupidname2013 Posts: 924
I find a dry piece of wholegrain toast about an hour before works really well - otherwise I get soooo hungry and lose all energy!