Menu

what to eat to replace dairy foods?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

2006wedding Posts: 965
Just been reading up on what foods are best and dairy seems to be pretty important. Unfortunately I cant drink milk or eat yogurts & only eat cheddar cheese or those cheese trangles like Laughing Cow. Most dairy products, especially milk & yogurt cause stomach upsets & diahorea (sp?) so although I never really got it checked out I presume I am allergic to lactose or something. what should I be taking to replace the nutrients like calcium that I am losing out on?
MotherNature Posts: 317
Look into calcium suppliments in tablet form. Calcium is important in pregnancy. If you're not getting any through dairy products then you should take calcium tablets. Be sure to mention it to the midwife or doctor at your next visit though, they really need to know about something like that. Try soya milk products too.
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Good advise from Mothernature! Baby is like a parasite (although a very lovely one of course!!!) and can actually draw calcium out of your bones which can potentially lead to osteoporosis! Get some calcium supplements for sure.