What to give if not going to wedding?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sally Posts: 1140
a very good friend of mine is getting married but is having a small family wedding so I wont be going. I was looking at presents for her and saw a lovley lamp but it was 200 euro so was out of my budjet at this time but in same shop saw a fab slate mirror which I think she would love but it was only 55. There were mirrors smaller and not as nice for twice the price and it doesnt look cheap at all but I feel a bit cheap only spending that much. She wont know of course and to be honest I cant afford an expensive gift. Do you think its mean to only spend that much? How much should you spend on a gift if your not going to the wedding. I could always top it up with a frame!!
fifibelle Posts: 4447
Go with whatever you feel is right! However if it was a very good friend of mine I would stretch the budget a bit.
Gummiebear Posts: 2911
We werent going to very good friends of h2b's wedding nd gave them the very same as we wld if we had been going!!! I felt that was right as he was a very good friend of h2b and i know they wld do the same for us!!!