What to give Mum2B as she goes on maternity leave?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pumpkinpie Posts: 43
Hi all M2B's! A woman in work is going on maternity leave in a fortnight's time. We work in a small enough unit within a larger department and we (her immediate colleagues) would like to give her a pressie as she leaves. Flowers are out really, as the larger department will send her flowers on behalf of us all when she gives birth. So Mums 2 B what would you like as a present in this situation? Or new mums, did you get any pressie as you left on maternity leave other than flowers? I would love any suggestions :wv
frogmella Posts: 1264
When I was going on maternity leave the girls got me a hair voucher and a voucher for mothercare aswell!! They were so good - also my friend got me loads of stuff from Lush (bath bombs and all) to have lovely relaxing baths!! And my boss got me perfume and body lotion - hey I actually did really well :wv
Septbride Posts: 380
we all just go for lunch when the mommys go on leave and then when babs comes along we give a pressie usually for mammy though so she is not forgotten amongst all the babygros
pumpkinpie Posts: 43
Thanks girls, they are great suggestions. I think the lunch option might be a good one alright, as we would all get her something individually when baba arrives.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Something nice to pamper herself, a voucher for a pregnancy massage or foot massage would great. I would have loved something like that when I went on maternity leave but I got nada!