what to take for a bad cold :-(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovethesite Posts: 1054
help girls, feel like crap :-(
bluepolkadots Posts: 1237
I had a bad cold last week and found a mix of hot water, blackcurrant, lemon juice and honey helped a bit. And a day off work/in bed when it was really bad if you can be off/rest. Hope you feel better soon.
Ljp Posts: 161
U poor thing, not really much u can take...I had a cold a few weeks ago and drank lots of hot water with honey and lemon. Also keep an eye on your temperature....if it goes above normal you need to take some paracetamol to keep it down.A high temp is not too good when preg I think... U can also take paracetamol (just check on box its only paracetamol in the tablet, some have other stuff in them) for headache and sore throat etc. Would def stay in bed, try and take off work if u can at all and mind yourself...
OrTees Posts: 907
You poor thing- hope you feel better soon. My acupuncturist recommends acupuncture for a lot of ailments whilst pregnant, including colds. Just some thing you could consider if nothing else works.
Sue79 Posts: 175
Hiya, Like bluepokadots - I had a bad cold last week too. I was drinking my tea or hot water with Manuka honey and a fresh slice of lemon. It definately helped. On my last pregnancy, I got the Manuka honey too and to be honest I think I found it better than and of the cold and flu OTC medication you can get.... Hope this help. sue
nelswife Posts: 3869
I was told that you can take normal strength lemsip by one pharmaist, maybe just ring the nidwife and ask her, i know you can take paracetamol
mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
[quote="nelswife":1wzj43yo]I was told that you can take normal strength lemsip by one pharmaist, maybe just ring the nidwife and ask her, i know you can take paracetamol[/quote:1wzj43yo] Yeah the only thing that is in a lot of Lemsips is paracetamol so they are safe. I say a lot because there are 2/3 types that have additional ingredients in them i.e a decongestant/a cough expectant etc. so be careful it has nothing else in it. Ask in the chemist anyway if you are unsure.
newyorker Posts: 309
Paracetamol is about all you can take I'm afraid. I had a horrible cold a couple of weeks ago and I used a facial steamer to help clear head, nose and ears. Found that really helped.