What to wear In Vegas

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Leftbank Posts: 2395
Hi My Dh and I are off next week for 5 nights and wondering if those of you who have been there what is the dress code ( if any) for day time??? Hoping to do a bit of shopping while over but is it casual/ dressy day time? Am ok for night time but not sure bout day. Also best shopping areas/outlets?? Thanks a mill
Snuffy Posts: 1492
I'm interested in this too. Heading for 5 nights in August at the start of the honeymoon. So far I'm planning on knee length or 3/4 length linen shorts for day time with vest type tops. Maybe summer dress/skirt at night.
Fruice Posts: 677
People wear whatever they want during the day, scruffy shorts and t shirt, dress and heels, etc, I wore mostly short shorts and tshirts or flowy tops, or skirt and top, or dress and sandals/flip flops. At night I always wore dresses/skirts with heels/low heels, at night you would have to be dressy to go to clubs etc but during the day anything goes, it's Vegas! Edit: In August I would've died if I'd worn anything even below my knee, it was so hot. But then my friend has jeans and Cons on when the rest of us were nearly overheating in tiny shorts and vest tops, so each to their own!
hyperrational Posts: 697
I'm in Vegas at the minute and it's damned hot!!! During the day, anything goes. I wore shorts mostly and tank tops. I did wear a long skirt when walking down the strip last week thinking I'd protect myself from the sun but I regretted it, waaaaaay too hot. Bring a light cardigan/wrap for inside, as air con in some hotels is freezing when you've been outside. For shopping, we did the north outlet yesterday and spent the day (and a fortune!). It's at the very end of the strip, you can get a bus directly to it for $8. If you want a show, get tickets through Vegas.com -by far the cheapest anywhere.
MrQ Posts: 1085
You might scoff at the idea but wear RUNNERS/SNEAKERS(whatever you call them). You can thank me later. My OH said she should have brought/bought a pair. Also unless you plan on hitting a swanky club, casual all the way. *There in May 2013
Snuffy Posts: 1492
In my defense on long shorts fruice, I so not have the figure to be wearing short shorts. I would rather stay in the hotel room than inflict that on people. :-)
hyperrational Posts: 697
I second the runners or at least comfortable shoes- I have good ole non sexy in the least clarks sandals.
Fruice Posts: 677
Yeah I wore gladiator sandals and my feet were in bits after a few days of walking. Tix4tonight or whatever it's called is where we got tickets for Cirque Du Soleil, we got them very reasonably priced, front row, it was great! Everybody needs to go to Hash House A Go Go btw.
MrsDr Posts: 1316
I second the comfy shoes and carfi for the aircon!! Otherwise it's such a mix, very casual during the day and nice summer dresses at night! The only time I dressed up was going to a Michelin star restaurant :)
Leftbank Posts: 2395
Thanks all. Packing has commenced...