What to wear to wedding in Spain??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

NP Posts: 32
Hi Girls Wedding in Spain next week and not sure what to wear. Don't know the wedding party as I'm a "plus 1" so not sure if it's casual or formal. Bear in mind that I'm a size 18 plus all the shops have autumn/winter wear. I did buy a dress but it's not very comfortable and I'm just not sure about it!!!! HELP!!!
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Hiya NP, I was at a wedding in Marbella back in late August. I knew it was going to be hot, but it ended up being very hot!!! I had brought over two silk dresses(undecided!)-needed to have 100% natural material otherwise I would melt. In the end, hubby bought me a linen dress, I was only slightly warm in it thankfully as that day it got up to around 35degrees!!!! So my advice is, as natural a fabric as possible for comfort and ask whoever got the official invite to find out what the dress code is. Nothing worse than being over or under dressed at a wedding!!! Enjoy :wv
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
I was at a wedding in Cyprus last year in late sept and I wore a maxi dress, normally wedding abroad are quite formal enough.