What to wear when jogging to keep warm

Go to Health & Fitness

Bridget
Mini Wolly

What to wear when jogging to keep warm

Postby Bridget » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:39 pm

I want to start jogging at lunchtime most days. I already use my lunchtime to walk briskly and wear my normal clothes.

I have a jogging trouser and T shirt. Should i get long sleeve running tops with sleeveless jacket or the black thermal top with t shirt over. The black thermal top for running is 50 so to buy 2 wld be expensive. Would it be better and a bit cheaper to get 2 long sleeve tops from a running store and sleeveless jacket 20euro at dunnes. I am afraid to buy too many things in case I dont like jogging. I use the running trousers and t shirt for walking in summer so I know I will use these. I work a 4.5 day wk and have 2 toddlers. I would have to fit in jogging at lunchtime from work, where I cant shower after. I would jog/walk Sat morns and do food shop after. The only time I can go directly hope to shower after jog is on my half day, so I need running clothes where I wont sweat.

In the interests of cost and keeping fresh what are the best options?

Fruice
Major Wolly

Re: What to wear when jogging to keep warm

Postby Fruice » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:18 pm

I have a light jacket I use for running/jogging/walking in summer/autumn, for winter I bought a lovely warm long sleeved running top that has thumb holes so keeps me nice and warm, the neck zips right up too. Where are you looking at buying them? I got mine is TK Maxx for €20, same price I paid for some fab leggings for running too. mandmdirect or sportdirect (I think they're right) are great sites to buy exercise gear from for very cheap prices, I've never paid more than €30 for anything, usually a lot less. The long sleeved top I got is the "wicking" fabric so keeps me dry, then the lightweight jacket is really airy too.

rosiemama
Empress Wolly

Postby rosiemama » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:46 pm

I got DH some great running gear off sportsdirect.com for Christmas. He wears shorts (even in winter!), a t shirt and a long sleeve running top. They were pretty cheap and he reckons the quality is as good as any he has had. Definitely worth a look.

mrsmoo2202
Wolly Addict

Postby mrsmoo2202 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:20 pm

I got a compression base layer running top in aldi for €13 when they had them a few weeks ago, I go out in just it with an lightweight running top over it and am toasty warm!

Mia Taylor
New Wolly

Postby Mia Taylor » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:52 am

You have some great training jackets! Try in any sport store

Go to Health & Fitness

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Swords Business Campus, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 905 9680 Email: [email protected]
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T