what tunes make your night?? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

zoesmama Posts: 2774
[quote="Retiredbride":a0ojd87i]Zoesmama - I think you should get the title WOl Official DJ or DJ Queen. You'd have us rocking all day and night. :hyper: :o)ll[/quote:a0ojd87i] :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :lvs Why Thank You :-8
Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
Maniac 2000. LOVE IT :o)ll Beachball Tall Pall remix.. I love all SASH! tunes. I am a teenager of the 90's :compress
PussyGalore Posts: 3388
This is a brilliant thread as I've offered to do DJ (ie. press buttons on me iPod!) for a friend's 40th this weekend. Was working on the playlist earlier and I've got: some 20s music: "In the Mood" and Fred Astaire "Puttin on the Ritz" Elvis (so far I have Hound Dog), a load of 50s stuff (like Chuck Berry "You never can tell" and Twist by Chubby Checker) some 60s: Beatles (Twist and Shout), Rolling Stones (Satisfaction - always gets me onto the dancefloor), Kinks "You really got me" Johnny Cash "Ring of Fire" Disco: Abba (the inevitable Dancing Queen but also Ring, Ring and Voulez Vous) Motown: Ray Charles: "Shake your tail feather", Aretha, The Supremes, The Crystals "De doo ron ron" etc) Next, my favourite genre, hair rock: AC/DC (You shook me all night long) Bon Jovi, GnR, ZZ Top, Def Leppard 80s pop (Hey Mickey by Toni Basil, "Footloose" and "Flashdance" amongst others) Some 90s dance music like Rednex "Cotton Eye Joe", "No Limits" by 2Unlimited (might nick some of the suggestions on here!) 90s: Blur "Song 2", "Common People" by Pulp, some "Seven Nation Army" by the White Stripes (I'd love to put on some Queens of the Stone Age as they're one of my all time favourite bands but not sure it'd go down so well!) I'm going to put in some Beyonce, a bit of Madge, Amy Winehouse (Rehab and Valerie I think), Kings of Leon and some Gaga. Oh and of course, Mr Michael Jackon "Can you feel it" ... Any other suggestions? The group going will be a mix of older family members and younger wans like me (in my *cough* late 30s!). I did the afters music for a friend's wedding a few years ago and had great craic doing it, this is like a mix tape for me :o0