what vitamins are you taking?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mamaboom Posts: 2094
I'm only on Folic Acid at the moment, is anybody else taking anything extra? DH thinks I should be taking Vit b12 as well, don't even know what it does!
Surfbaby Posts: 396
I am taking Pregnacare and Omega Mum on the advice of my doctor :wv Pregnacare contains the required amount of folic acid so I dont need to take ay extra.
Diva30 Posts: 286
[color=darkblue:2glrxgrz]I am taking Pregnacare Plus with an additional Omega 3 Oil capsule (they come together in the pack) As Surfbaby mentioned Pregnacare has the required folic acid so I don't take this separately. Hope that helps![/color:2glrxgrz]
spanishb2b Posts: 1261
I'm not taking anything else. Both the midwife and my gp told me that there was no need to take any supplements as long as I had a good and varied diet.
tags Posts: 544
I'm taking folic acid and also a cod liver oil capsule with vit A, D & E. I have always taken the cod liver oil one as I don't eat much fish - for Omega 3. I read that cod liver oil is good for labour so now I'm thinking I should stop taking it until later in the pregnancy!
HappyMum2010 Posts: 431
Hi, I was under the impression that pregnant women shouldn't take vitamin A?? OP- i'm just on the pregnacare plus
spanishb2b Posts: 1261
[quote="LaoisWollie":b2csotur]Hi, I was under the impression that pregnant women shouldn't take vitamin A?? [/quote:b2csotur] Me too. I thought that it was because of the high vitamin A content in liver, paté, etc that we weren't supposed to eat them.