What was the best concert you've been to?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SunnyK Posts: 3834
Hey girls, Just wondering if anyone's been to see anyone they thought was absolutely AMAZING? Couple of concerts coming up that I'd like to go to but just can't afford...George Michael, Bon Jovi, Neil Diamond..... I went to see George Michael a few years back outdoor at the RDS and had a great spot right in front of the stage...that was one of the best concerts I'd been too. Tina Turner was also great and Take That put on a fab show here about 2 years ago. Also - do you think it's actually worth the price of the tickets? I paid 120 euro for good George Michael ones last time cos everyone said he wouldn't tour again...and here he is again! SO MUCH money when you thing of the amount of people who attend.
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
We went to the POLICE in croker and it was absolutely brilliant, i loved it :o)ll
RoseDawson Posts: 1494
Robbie Williams a few years ago :o)ll :lvs :o)ll
betty draper Posts: 728
i think brian wilson in oxegen a few years ago was amazing, but LCD Soundsystem in Tripod in November blew my mind. would have loved to go the the madison sq garden gig in april. so sad i'll never see them again!
Jawl Posts: 8881
I went to Oasis in August 1996 when they were at their height. They were supported by The Prodigy, it was brill. In recent times, I'd have to say Rod Stewart, we went 2 years ago,myself and Mr. Jawl, one of the best nights out we've ever had. Hot Rod was amazing! :o0
PeaPod Posts: 583
REM was my favourite concert ever!! I'm not even a big fan but it was just so good!! I've been roped into seeing Neil Diamond and am dreading it! Just don't think it'll be my thing at all!
lux Posts: 6270
I think Take That in Croke park about two years ago. We had amazing seats and it was just the best evening, I remember just singing and partying the whole night. I'd always wanted to see them first time around but never did :weep :weep :weep so I felt like I was making up for my deprived childhood!
ott Posts: 3920
[quote="Candy151":20exq2sv]REM was my favourite concert ever!! I'm not even a big fan but it was just so good!![/quote:20exq2sv] I was at REM, in Marlay Park I think, it was amazing. Moby supported U2 at Slane in 2001, Moby was something else. I think they were the best two I was ever at.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
[quote="lux":r6h081qm]I think Take That in Croke park about two years ago. We had amazing seats and it was just the best evening, I remember just singing and partying the whole night. I'd always wanted to see them first time around but never did :weep :weep :weep so I felt like I was making up for my deprived childhood![/quote:r6h081qm] I know - it was such a fab day out and the atmosphere was fantastic! I was tempted to go again this year cos they put on such a good show. Was anyone at the last Bon Jovi one?? Am thinking of getting tickets to this...
ShutterBug Posts: 1056
The Killers in Marlay Park and Robbie Williams at Slane were both amazing! Seen Bon Jovi in Punchestown and they were great although we were quite :hic so dont actually remember a lot of it. Westlife are great in concert :-8 Greenday in the O2 were brilliant. I dont know if ticket prices are worth it these days. I would love to see Elton John but I dont want to pay the €120 for 2 hours entertainment.