What was the best wedding gift you got for your gaff?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hestia Posts: 2368
Feeling uninspired. Well, not really. Just having everyone roll their eyes at my suggestions. Take it away there comrades. Ta.
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
A slow cooker. No really. I'd never ever have bought one myself but I use it all the time. Super handy for dinner.
Rocksie80 Posts: 4045
We got a 4-slice toaster, with 2 separate settings. It means we both get toast the way we like it, without me whinging that he's made it wrong. In other words, I get toast, DH gets warm bread. Everyone is a winner.
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
[quote="Anne Cordelia Shirley":iy5fgfem]A slow cooker. No really. I'd never ever have bought one myself but I use it all the time. Super handy for dinner.[/quote:iy5fgfem] Fantastic. You've just given me a Christmas present idea for my Mam. She will love it. I've heard her comment on my SIL's one before but didn't really heed it at the time.
Coincidentally, I bought one of those for our gaff last year. Occasionally I'll look at it gathering dust up on the shelf wondering what I'm supposed to do with it. All suggestions welcome. Two for the price of one thread. Thanking you. (I hate when people say thanking you. Fine me someone).
Couchkitten Posts: 438
A wine rack - complete with twenty bottles of wine - which kept us happy for the whole weekend :o0, the same family also gave us about 20 kilos of real Costa Rican coffee which helped with the hangover resulting from their first gift.
Grotty Dotty Posts: 751
All the lovely cash where I was able to buy things I wouldn't normally have and to my own tastes and to suit my home :o0 :o0 :o0 You did ask.
paperclips Posts: 3146
[quote="Couchkitten":21w2802k]A wine rack - complete with twenty bottles of wine - which kept us happy for the whole weekend :o0, the same family also gave us about 20 kilos of real Costa Rican coffee which helped with the hangover resulting from their first gift.[/quote:21w2802k] Love this :o)ll Great gifts
Great idea Couchkitten but unfortunately I've already pawned all my internal organs so I won't be able to afford that.
teapotty Posts: 2085
We got a big box of different house bits- big salad serving bowls, a funky cake plate, a recipe diary book thing, some lovely mugs. We were like kids at christmas opening it all up! I think it was just the novelty because we actually got very few non-cash gifts. We also got a gorgeous country/ pottery style set of cups, saucers, small plates, teapot, coffee pot, milk jug and sugar bowl- it's from some place in Cork and I love it. But it is a risk. I had no set like that and it could have just as easily happened that I didn't like the look of it. It is a gamble buying stuff for people' houses. Two words: gift receipt.