What was your wedding colour theme?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

amycrof1 Posts: 92
Hi all, We are looking to get more real bridal input in our articles and blog posts, so (again) we would love your feedback on this! We'd like to know: What was your 'wedding theme/ colour' on your wedding day? And why did you choose it? We'll add your answers to the article, but of course if you don't want us to, we won't! Looking forward to hearing from you! Amy x amy(@)weddingsonline.ie!
ClaireT1981 Posts: 510
Don't really have much of a theme just keeping everything simple but i opted for orange as our colour scheme. OH is getting married in uniform so had to pick something that would work with green and didn't want to go for the normaly pink / purple.
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
Our theme was spring/garden/afternoon tea style. We incorporated this using birdcages filled with flowers, vintage china, macaroons and finger sanwiches on vintage cake stand, colourful vases with flowers and we had a wishing tree. I didn't have one specific colour as I wanted everything to be bright and not too matchy! BM's were coral and brown (2 of each), my bouquet and the flower filled cages where a combination of pink, orange, yellow, purple and green of course. The church was decorated with leonidas roses as they complimented both coral and brown BM's.
Char27 Posts: 376
Because our venue is by the sea we incorporated some nautical items but not too many as our colors are purple and orange. Our cake has waves and the two of us in a boat on it and our photobooth is nautical themes as well.
MrsAmy Posts: 983
Our theme is vintage afternoon tea with a nod to the edwardian era... we're using a colour palette of ivory, blush and pale grey, with a lot of details like pearls and lace... so very pretty, elegant and refined! My dress is quite modest - alcenon lace with cap sleeves, the bridesmaids are in short ivory lace dresses with blush sashes, guys in the wedding party are in morning suits with black jacket, grey striped trousers and grey waistcoat and cravat. Flowers are a mix of roses, peonies, sweetpea in cream and blush tones.
OrTees Posts: 907
I didn't have a major theme but I took most of the inspiration from my dress- lace with some pearl and crystal detail. The colours were light sage green and pink. The invites had lace, ribbon, pearls & crystals on them, all ivory, the cake had ivory lace and sage green ribbon, BM's dress & groomsman's tie were sage green. My bouquet was v pale pink and the BM & FGs had stronger pink in theirs. Table place names were on small doilies with a pearl on each. Wedding was in spring so the green seemed apt plus is also my fav colour and suited my BM's colouring!