what week am I? I'm confused.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

atracta Posts: 120
It's exactly 3 weeks since I conceived so am I now in week 5 or week 6? I'm confused. I know that technically I'm 5 weeks pregnant today but does that mean that I am now in week 6. Sorry to sound brain dead!! Any idea anyone?
justforfunsies Posts: 2502
You start counting from the first day of your last period. Your forty weeks start from that point. congratulations btw!!!
swissgirl Posts: 2301
[quote="justforfunsies":21on3pat]You start counting from the first day of your last period. Your forty weeks start from that point. congratulations btw!!![/quote:21on3pat] Hi Atraca, This is a question that often confuses me too, what justforfunsies says is not technically true for all cases. It is true if you have cycles that are 28 days (ie 4 weeks). If you dont (mine are 35 days approx) its not true. According to Taking Charge of Your Fertility if you know when you ovulated/conceived you count 1 week before that. So if you conceived 4 weeks ago, you are now 5 weeks pregnant. It still confuses me though.
atracta Posts: 120
thanks girls. I did a bit of searching online and now I know that I am 5 weeks not 6. Only another 35 to go!!!!
charli Posts: 5994
or if you put up a ticker it will tell you exactly - by entering your due date (though again this is subject to cycle variations too)
Topolino Posts: 1659
Atracta, I had the same problem last week - see my thread down the page somewhere - it's called "Confused re. Dates. And congratulations!