what will i see at 6 week scan?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

blondie77 Posts: 217
HI All Can anyone tell em what i can expect at my 6 week scan next Tueday? I ve been on google ( why god Why???) and am lost in a world of heartbeats or no heartbeats and am just wondering what the visit will entail? It is an internal scan or just on my tummy? Thanks! x
MrsMoggie Posts: 135
Hi Blondie, I had a scan at 6+3, it was an internal scan and I could see the sack, and a little coffee bean shaped baby! The heartbeat was like a little flutter, it was very exciting! Hope that helps, best of luck!
twinpeaks2 Posts: 77
Hi blondie, I haven't had one but I think it can be tough because it's so early. You may not neccessarily hear or see anthing because it is so early, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong. Hope you do see something but don't be disheartened if you don't.
crazylady10 Posts: 539
Hi blondie, i had one at 6 wks. And to be honest all they could see was a little black dot. it wasnt even enough for them to confirm it was a viable pregnancy and there was no heartbeat. They had to bring me back 2 wks later at 8 wks to do another internal scan to see the heartbeat. But sometimes depending on how accurate your dates are you wont see anything until 10 wks. So dont be surprised if you dont see anything. It has to be an internal scan at your stage.
Princess Mom Posts: 304
Honestly a tiny little bean mildly flickering with the heartbeat. I have a pic and if I showed it to anyone they would think I was imagining there was a baby in it. But I know.......
swissgirl Posts: 2301
Honestly, prepare yourself for disappointment. Ive had scans at 6 weeks and I swore never again. The heartbeat starts in and around 6 weeks but you mightnt see it in your scan and then you will b upset. So if you dont see a HB dont stress. It will come please God in a day or two. I was a wreck after mine. x sg
fifibelle Posts: 4447
Same with all the girls above! Had scan at 6 weeks due to bleeding and all they could see was sac etc. so had to come back in a week's time to check if there was a heartbeat which thank god there was. Most nervewrecking week ever!!!
Idina Posts: 1289
Just to let you know that I had a scan at 6 weeks andthere was nothign just a tiny empty sac. Told me that I had miscarried but lo and behold the next week there was a baby! I'm now 19 weeks pg!
blondie77 Posts: 217
[quote="Idina":24i5xhx4]Just to let you know that I had a scan at 6 weeks andthere was nothign just a tiny empty sac. Told me that I had miscarried but lo and behold the next week there was a baby! I'm now 19 weeks pg![/quote:24i5xhx4] My god thats incredible! I am so nervous about mine, i ve had one mc and had some spotting this week. I guess i just wanted to know whats "normal" for a 6 week scan! But judging from this nothing is! :duh: :o0 :duh: Fingers crossed!
Idina Posts: 1289
I hope you see more than I did cause it was a horrible week (thank God it ended well)