what will

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

*bubblez* Posts: 1599
your baby call you?? my sister calls my mam, MA, and I hate it so much, esp if they're out somewhere she sounds like a tinker. I like Mom but DH thinks it will sounds very american. I don't like mammy but then thats only because I've only ever heard grown men say it and it makes me want to vom... So anyone else got any opinions on this?
oirish Posts: 1541
I don't ever remember calling my mother anything but mum but she says we all called her mammy when we were kids (maybe cos I lived in the country, I dunno :o0 )
pattie Posts: 2379
Not sure either. I'm not mad on mammy, we used to use it when we were small and then changed to mum. I don't really like mummy either, would nearly prefer mammy.
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
Well Im hopeing baby will call me mammy and hubby - daddy, thats what we still call our parents at 28 and 32 respectively ! Sometimes I call my mother Ma too if I was calling her at home or out and I dont actually think it sounds like a tinker at all. My BIL's girlfriend has her two kids calling her Mom and it sounds just like an american tv programme, also my other friend has her 4 kids call her and hubby by their first names and I think thats not nice either, maybe Im just old fashioned but I IMHO I think its kinda disrespectful. MrsNoc
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Mammy and Daddy or Mam and dad My mam was wondering what she will be called I like nana and Gran(for my grandmother she is 91)
Cowslip Posts: 761
For as long as I can remember I have called my parents Mum and Dad, I probably called them Mummy and Daddy when I was small (I don't think I ever used Mammy...). All my sisters kids all call them Mum or Mam, I think I would prefer Mum though....I suppose when they are small they will call me Mummy or Mammy though...I'd never have my kids call me by my first name, they are the only people in the world who can call me Mum, but everyone else will call me by my first name....its special to be called Mum/Mam/Mummy/Mammy......
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Most definitely Mammy and Daddy. I think "Mam" and "Ma" sounds very grown-up for a tot! I don't really like "Ma" - I think it's more usual in Dublin somehow. I wouldn't got for Mom as it reminds me of American TV shows (sorry!). Mummy sounds very British to me - that's what my English cousins all called their mammies. The grannies will be Nana but don't know about the Grandad - is Grandad a bit of a mouthful for a little one? My grandad was Papa but DH says no way to that one! :o0
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:1z79rtrn]Defo Mummy & Daddy when they're small!! Then Mum / Mom & Dad!! I always called my own folks the above!![/color:1z79rtrn]
Mrs Lucy06 Posts: 929
Mammy & Daddy!!!! What I still use for my parents & Granny & Granda for them!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucy :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
bellabella Posts: 2750
Well my baby can call me what it wants, anything excaept maaaaaaaaa. I hate when i hear children saying that.