What would be the norm before you start showing?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kitz Posts: 136
Hi Ladies Just wanted to pick your brains... Is there an average time before someone starts showing a 'baby bump'? I've got in my head something about 3 months - is it the norm for someone to have a 'bump' before this stage? Apologies if this all sounds nonsense - I haven't a clue. X
bumble Posts: 1980
I am only 5w5d and am very bloated but i hear that the bloating will go down and then later your bump will arrive but that varies from person to person. Some people show at 10wks and some show at 16wks so it really depends.
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
everyone is different really... I bloated completely in the beginning (5 weeks) & couldn't wear some of my normal clothes, kind of stayed like that for ages, about the same & starting to get a little bigger now ( nearly 12 weeks). Doesn't seem to be any hard or fast rules... everyone shows differently & at different times.
Emomc Posts: 2069
At 21 weeks now my bump is really only taking shape. Now from about 16 weeks you would have know something was going on but it was more thickening of the waist, and you could have mistaken it for weight gain, as opposed to a bump, whereas now I can clearly see a well defined hard bump forming
Dora the explorer Posts: 1570
Every one is different and every baby is different there is no right or wrong hun
redwifey Posts: 2932
My bump has only really started showing in the last 2 weeks, before that you would have probably thought I was just putting on weight. Try not to worry, everybody develops at different times.
MGTE Posts: 471
I was 7 months pregnant with my first before people noticed my bump. I was less than 12 weeks pregnant with my second before in maternity clothes. Like others have said there is a huge varience between women, pregnancy and sizes.
ellee Posts: 666
I was v bloated for the first few weeks bu that did settle down at about 10w. I'm 19w now and it's only this week really that I am really starting to notice a bump. If you are slim it would show sooner I think. I'm average size 12/14 usually. I also hear you tend to show later on a first pregnancy beacuse your muscles have never stretched before. hth *)
mischa09 Posts: 1068
When i eat i baloon! This never happened before. I've just had my lunch and i look about 6 months pregnant!
lisa Posts: 1612
I'm almost 14 weeks(ticker wrong) and I have a pretty definite bump. one or two people have even noticed it. Mind you I am only size 8 so thats probably why. My cousin is a size 12 and 6 months gone and still wearing her own clothes whereas I'm in maternity trousers this wk.!! Just shows how everyone is different.