What would u do?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bubblybride2010 Posts: 1490
I rang a band that my h2b and myself liked and listened to a demo disk, i enquired about pricing in April and was quoted 1700 for band and 300 for same to do DJ, i gave him my dates, and had a lot going on so only got bk to him last week and he said that he never quoted me the above price? where would i get it from, i hardly made it up- i have it written in my diary, O:| he said its 2100eur for both,(i know its only €100 increase but its not the point) and he also said if i wanted it at that price i would have to do so in the next few weeks as they have a new album coming out and are increasing fee to 2330eur, he is real laidback and asked me to stick deposit in post, i asked him to guarantee the price of €2100 for 2010 and he said he would- they dont do booking forms etc,He never told me times, how many are in the band, instruments etc, that could also be my fault for not asking, but my mind went blank when i started talking to him, i seem to have lost trust, and gut feeling is saying no? and for that reason i havent sent deposit yet, because if this is what is happening at the initial stages, can i guarantee the band will even show up on the day!! Any ideas of what u would do?
missi moo moo Posts: 1700
I think if you really want them to play, send the deposit with a letter stating as discussed xxxx please find deposit and confirmation of final price of xx can you please sign attached copy and return to me
Kazza08 Posts: 219
Have always found my gut instinct to be best guide in big decision making. This is not a pair of jeans your paying for, you need to be 110% sure about your music.
bubblybride2010 Posts: 1490
I think u could be right, this happened yest and today im nearly over it!!!
b2bdec08 Posts: 470
I wouldn't go with them. It's just a bit unprofessional not to even have booking forms and the messing around with quotes etc The band I'm getting send everything with a receipt and have duplicate booking forms etc It's alot of money. You're right to expect them to be professional.
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
Really unprofessional on his part. I wouldn't book a band I didn't have the names of the members or the instruments played etc....
Skinnymallinks Posts: 76
I would be inclined to agree - I had a sneaky feeling about my wedding planner and posted a request for info on them on this website and was so glad I hadnt handed over any money when I got the response. The band may be fine and just really laid back - but this is your wedding day and you will have enough things to stress about - I would cross them off the list. :wv
Skinnymallinks Posts: 76
I would be inclined to agree - I had a sneaky feeling about my wedding planner and posted a request for info on them on this website and was so glad I hadnt handed over any money when I got the response. The band may be fine and just really laid back - but this is your wedding day and you will have enough things to stress about - I would cross them off the list. :wv
Kop Mama Posts: 804
I definitely wouldnt book them they are very unprofessional from what you have told us. I know my gut instinct is 99% right so therefore would not go against it!! HtH
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Find yourselves a new band!! I wouldn't stand for that sort of treatment - if that is how they treat you before you hand over money (the time where they should be fawning over you!!!) I would not like to see how they would behave after you pay your deposit! There are loads of bands out there that would be thrilled to have your custom - go with one of them! Enjoy!! O-O