Menu

What would you choose??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Cupcakes12 Posts: 193
Hi Everyone im having a little trouble deciding on my menu what would you choose between the below starters and main: 1. Fan of Fresh Melon 2. Traditional Caesar Salad 3. Chicken & Mushroom Vol au Vent and for the main: 1. Turkey & Ham 2. Roast Sirloin of Beef I have a fish option to go with the meat all opinions greatly appreciated Edited to say: Wedding in September thanks thanks in advance
LastRolo Posts: 6892
Ohhhh toughie! I love Caesar Salad and Chicken & Mushroom Vol u Vents! When's your wedding (what month)?? And for main I'd probably pick the Roast Beef as most people love it, even though I'd personally like the Turkey & Ham
Bootso Posts: 217
Hi, I would choose the Chicken & Mushroom Vol au Vent as people are usually really hungry and appreciate more sustinance at this course I thinkFor the main 100% Roast Sirloin of Beef. I love fish but always choose beef wehn i'm out as I rarely eat it at home. :)
MrsK2012 Posts: 905
You should add a poll to this so people could select their options & u might get a better response. I would go for the chicken & mushroom vol-au-vont & probably the fish option but otherwise i'd go for the turkey & ham :)
highbeam Posts: 2578
Id be happy to eat any of those dishes at a wedding. Probably wouldnt pick the melon. If you asked me today Id probably pick the vol au vent and the turkey and ham. But would happily eat caesar salad and the beef. Dont think you will go wrong with any of those choices.
LastRolo Posts: 6892
[quote="shampers":3235p2qn]Id be happy to eat any of those dishes at a wedding. Probably wouldnt pick the melon. If you asked me today Id probably pick the vol au vent and the turkey and ham. But would happily eat caesar salad and the beef. Dont think you will go wrong with any of those choices.[/quote:3235p2qn] Exactly, I'd also be happy with any of those choices but would prefer the Vol u Vents and Turkey & Ham. What time of of year is your wedding?? E.g, a caesar salad might be more appriopate for a summer wedding rather than a winter wedding.
LittleLily Posts: 3682
[quote="LastRolo":fe6a9x53]What time of of year is your wedding?? E.g, a caesar salad might be more appriopate for a summer wedding rather than a winter wedding.[/quote:fe6a9x53] +1. I'd go the vol au vent if it was an autumn or winter wedding, caesar salad if it was spring or summer. I'd be staying well away from the melon but thats just me. Melon gives me awful heartburn. Can't help you with the main either. I'd be taking your fish option all the way.
sshh Posts: 416
9 times out of ten the vol au vent will be very heavy, with a cream based sauce. This, plus a soup course with loads of bread rolls will mean that your guests will be very full for a main course. I vote the salad to start.
MrsAtobe Posts: 1158
Good God not the melon, it screams 70's restaurant and is such a rotten boring starter!
mellymoon78 Posts: 89
Vol au Vent & Beef. I would go for the fish but would choose beef over turkey :o)ll