What would you do/say????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SenoritaH Posts: 167
What would you say/do if one of your bridesmaids (naturally brunette) dyed her hair bright red (as in a liverpool red jersey!!!) 3 weeks prior to your wedding!??!?!?!?! To be honest it didn't bother me until I mentioned it to the girls in work and they nearly died! they couldn't believe she could be so shelfish and do that in the lead up to the wedding. I don't need this stress right now :o( Would you ask her to dye it back????.... I don't want to look back at my photos and see a bright fake redhead! and I don't want to fall out with her either :o( To be honest I feel like all my bridesmaids are taking the piss-they don't really offer to do anything, NOW don't get me wrong I don't want them waiting on me hand and foot! Just would like them to take it a bit more seriously. They don't even seem excited-I know if it was me I would be so proud and delighted to be asked to be bridesmaid. Rant over...advice please
lux Posts: 6270
Its her hair, and TBH I don't think you can retain control of it until after the wedding. So I would keep my comments to myself, I'm sure you asked her to be BM for a reason and that did not include her hair colour.
Miss to Mrs Posts: 25
+1 You said you didn't mind until you heard the opinions from the girls at work. Let it go, friendships are more important whatever their hair colour/ size etc., Relax and enjoy the next 20 days :lvs :lvs :lvs
SenoritaH Posts: 167
That's exactly my thought on it Lux. Forgot to mention my bridesmaid dresses are bright pink!
lux Posts: 6270
Well, like I said its her hair and I'm sure everyone will look beautiful on the day, it didn't seem to be a problem until others said it was so I would pick my battles and not cause a fuss about something like this!
Twirl Posts: 5598
I understand you are a little annoyed/dissapointed in your bridesmaid and TBH its a bit of a bold statement doing that with your hair when you know your going to be bridesmaid. And i understand at this stage you just want everything to be perfect and everyone looking fabulous no mad looking hair. But its not going to make any difference, shes still your bridesmaid and your friend. Hair is hair at this stage dont be worried about stuff like that, just concentrate on yourself. Im sorry your bridesmaids arent helping or excited for you, do you know what i honestly think the only people that get excited are the B&G ( well and my parents too oh and some friends in our case the ones that are already married ) but my bridesmaid never once asked how we are getting on with things or do you want a hand with anything ( not that i would ). On the other hand i have a friend who is ringing me all the time telling me shes the expert and she can help me with anything, which is brilliant and funny too. This same friend said to my BM, god you must be getting so excitied about MrsMMs day and that, she just said nah i havent really had time to think about it :o0 you just have to laugh these things off :wv
stickwoman Posts: 2394
Seriously, it's her hair. My friend still talks about her ex-friend who she was a bridesmaid for. She demanded that she grow her hair to match the length of other bridesmaids.... you and your h2b are the important ones on the day, not your bridesmaids.
chrystal Posts: 863
[quote="SenoritaH":2rrvyklo]What would you say/do if one of your bridesmaids (naturally brunette) dyed her hair bright red (as in a liverpool red jersey!!!) 3 weeks prior to your wedding!??!?!?!?! To be honest it didn't bother me until I mentioned it to the girls in work and they nearly died! they couldn't believe she could be so shelfish and do that in the lead up to the wedding. I don't need this stress right now :o( [/quote:2rrvyklo] I don't think the BM is the issue here, its your opinionated workmates that are making you over analzye things which now includes them not being excited etc. You risk a friendship and being labelled bridezilla if you ask her to dye her hair back and as it didn't bother you to begin with I would keep stum on this one. Enjoy your last few days and best wishes for your wedding day. :wv
ohsotired Posts: 7071
[quote="chrystal":1cdmkp3j][quote="SenoritaH":1cdmkp3j]What would you say/do if one of your bridesmaids (naturally brunette) dyed her hair bright red (as in a liverpool red jersey!!!) 3 weeks prior to your wedding!??!?!?!?! To be honest it didn't bother me until I mentioned it to the girls in work and they nearly died! they couldn't believe she could be so shelfish and do that in the lead up to the wedding. I don't need this stress right now :o( [/quote:1cdmkp3j] I don't think the BM is the issue here, its your opinionated workmates that are making you over analzye things which now includes them not being excited etc. You risk a friendship and being labelled bridezilla if you ask her to dye her hair back and as it didn't bother you to begin with I would keep stum on this one. Enjoy your last few days and best wishes for your wedding day. :wv[/quote:1cdmkp3j] 100% agree!!
Twirl Posts: 5598
[quote="AngelButterfly":1bfciuj2]Seriously, it's her hair. My friend still talks about her ex-friend who she was a bridesmaid for. She demanded that she grow her hair to match the length of other bridesmaids.... you and your h2b are the important ones on the day, not your bridesmaids.[/quote:1bfciuj2] OMG i cant believe someone would do that. Thats not nice at all, though i know some people who would have those traits. My bridesmaid keeps cutting her hair ( h2b thinks shes cutting it herself,he thinks its a show ) but i dont care, if she can just get a nice blow dry on the day then so be it. I was worried at first that if her hair was just blow dryed people would think i didnt care or didnt get her hair done for her,but shes just happy with that ( i hope )she doesnt want it up.